Discussions about Music >> What Makes a Metalhead/Rocker?
Share to Facebook Share to Myspace Share to Twitter Stumble It Email This More...

Tuesday 03 February 2009 - 19:33:30
Ok,that could be seen as a biography.About Alice Cooper gettin me in guitar oriented music,Hard Rock and metal...well,Halo of flies came out in 1973,I was about fucking three years Old,just got out of my diapers,baby,let's just say that Alice Cooper opened the door leading to the path that got me into metal !

P.S. Actually today on Shareaza I found kind of a Live performance of halo...yeah,the witch is back

Sunday 08 February 2009 - 18:43:31

citation :
Galamoth say : I'm agree with my brother Deathbringer
If You feel metal, you are a metalhead
Yeap, I think so, too :P

Sunday 15 March 2009 - 18:08:23
I agree with everyone saying that a metalhead is the one who loves this kind of music but LYRICS are also a crucial point for me! So you definitely have to know what the lyrics are talking about and share the same idea or feeling! You have to feel the music, Live the lyric!

Sunday 18 April 2010 - 12:45:00
It doesnt matter a fuck who or what she/he lifestyle is, or how they dress etc, its about liking the style and not to succumb to "peer-pressure" where your friends MAKE you listen to modern-day techno/hip hop/rap SHIT!
Sunday 18 April 2010 - 15:28:20
It's just about listening to the music and truly loving it. Clothes don't matter, ideals don't matter, friends don't matter, how many shows you've been to doesn't matter, how many bands you can list doesn't matter, whether you listen to death/thrash/black/power/heavy doesn't matter, if you listen to other forms of music entirely different from metal it doesn't matter. If you listen to metal and you really, truly love it. You are a metalhead in my eyes.

Monday 19 April 2010 - 01:25:44

citation :
W8ulostme says : It's just about listening to the music and truly loving it. Clothes don't matter, ideals don't matter, friends don't matter, how many shows you've been to doesn't matter, how many bands you can list doesn't matter, whether you listen to death/thrash/black/power/heavy doesn't matter, if you listen to other forms of music entirely different from metal it doesn't matter. If you listen to metal and you really, truly love it. You are a metalhead in my eyes.

Amen to that!

Thursday 20 May 2010 - 01:08:50

citation :
W8ulostme says : It's just about listening to the music and truly loving it. Clothes don't matter, ideals don't matter, friends don't matter, how many shows you've been to doesn't matter, how many bands you can list doesn't matter, whether you listen to death/thrash/black/power/heavy doesn't matter, if you listen to other forms of music entirely different from metal it doesn't matter. If you listen to metal and you really, truly love it. You are a metalhead in my eyes.

I definitely agree with you there. Metal is my Obsession, so I view myself as a metalhead. I don't think you need metal clothes to be a metalhead, although I still really like them. I would make one distinction though: I think, to be a metalhead, you need to listen to and truly like underground metal, not the mainstream stuff as much. The underground is where true metal is.

Monday 06 December 2010 - 13:00:10
You just have to listen to alot of metal, have some kind of passion/love for metal.

Friday 14 October 2016 - 15:56:58

I'm a crust punk. But anyway, people doesn't always have to be like others, they can have their own style, add own stuff etc and still be metalhead. Kinda stupid that some people thinks/claims you have to be exactly like this and this or your not a metalhead.

Monday 05 November 2018 - 10:45:21

rock styles not that  radicals like metl... for rockers metl is some kind of otherplanets...

Spirit of Metal Webzine 2003-2024
site developed and maintained by Spirit of Metal Team