Heavy/Power Metal >> Powerwolf
Share to Facebook Share to Myspace Share to Twitter Stumble It Email This More...

Thursday 16 February 2017 - 23:24:57

Hi everybody,

I would like to share my love for the band Powerwolf.

I love how they compose music. Their shows are fabulous.

I saw them 2 times, at Gelsenkirchen (Germany) during the Sabaton open Air, and at the Trabendo in Paris ;).

Juste perfect for me.

What do you think about this band ?

Thursday 16 February 2017 - 23:40:36

I don't know this band (except the name), but I don't understand why you are writing in english on the french part of the forum

Un genre de Heavy Power je crois ?

Personnellement j'ai écouté beaucoup ce style à une époque, et j'en suis revenu globalement aux fondamentaux et à mes premiers amours.

Beaucoup de groupes talentueux, mais finalement ça a souvent tendance à ressortir les mêmes formules (régulièrement de fort bonne manière, ce n'est pas la question).

Donc en ce qui me concerne Helloween, Gamma Ray, Edguy de la 1re heure (déjà pas mal influencé par les deux précédents, mais avec sa patte), Kamelot période Karma / Epica / The Black Halo, les premiers Sonata Arctica, quelques Stratovarius, un peu Angra, voire Blind Guardian…
Bon, allez, je les place dedans bien que la dimension symphonique soit primordiale, car j'ai découvert le Metal avec eux : Rhapsody (sur Power of the dragonflame).

Ce qui n'empêche pas de bonnes surprises de temps en temps.

Edit : oh, damn, it's on the english part, complexity of the forum, and my post is in french, I fly, poor fool I am… )

Friday 17 February 2017 - 10:28:38

citation :
morgothduverdon says :
I don't know this band (except the name), but I don't understand why you are writing in english on the french part of the forum

Un genre de Heavy Power je crois ?

Personnellement j'ai écouté beaucoup ce style à une époque, et j'en suis revenu globalement aux fondamentaux et à mes premiers amours.

Beaucoup de groupes talentueux, mais finalement ça a souvent tendance à ressortir les mêmes formules (régulièrement de fort bonne manière, ce n'est pas la question).

Donc en ce qui me concerne Helloween, Gamma Ray, Edguy de la 1re heure (déjà pas mal influencé par les deux précédents, mais avec sa patte), Kamelot période Karma / Epica / The Black Halo, les premiers Sonata Arctica, quelques Stratovarius, un peu Angra, voire Blind Guardian…
Bon, allez, je les place dedans bien que la dimension symphonique soit primordiale, car j'ai découvert le Metal avec eux : Rhapsody (sur Power of the dragonflame).

Ce qui n'empêche pas de bonnes surprises de temps en temps.

Edit : oh, damn, it's on the english part, complexity of the forum, and my post is in french, I fly, poor fool I am… )

As you wrote it is the English
part of the website loool;)

I wanted to write in English.

But I think I will not have more answers than that. The site is active but
still on the same topics. Thank you for having replied to my post ahah;)

Yes, it is Heavy Metal with some notions of Power;)

It is true that many groups emerge the same formulas,
the melodies are modified and mixed in the "sauce" of the band.
But for Powerwolf I immediately hung on The voice of Attila Dorn which is monstrous and the scenic presence is perfect.
Live is a kill;)
Rhapsody is a very good band that has declined over the years I find.
Epica, Bling Guardian, Sonata Artica I like it is really nice to the ear.
For the other bands you mentioned, I only know a name like Helloween, I have to listen and make my own opinion;)