Heavy/Power Metal >> Power Metal Bands
Share to Facebook Share to Myspace Share to Twitter Stumble It Email This More...

Monday 20 December 2010 - 21:11:24
Recently, I've started to enjoy Power Metal quite a bit. The fast beat and about everything about it. Mostly i've been listening to Theocracy, any other bands that are like them (Singer's Voice can differ, doesn't matter) but the same type of guitar, drums, and bass.

Monday 20 December 2010 - 22:38:10
Unless you're not necessarily looking for christian messages, try:

Demons& Wizards
Rhapsody/ Rhapsody Of Fire
Elvenking
DragonForce
Angra
Iced Earth
Impelitteri

Though you shouldn't pass through Power Metal without trying Gamma Ray, Helloween and Stratovarius.

Other suggestions are on the Power Metal thread.

Friday 24 December 2010 - 03:49:26
No need for it to be christian, or any type of religious persona. I am open to every style.

Monday 27 December 2010 - 13:04:34
I just love Blind Guardian, as a Tolkien's fan, I was entroduced to Blind Guardian by the "Nightfall in Middle earth" album, this album was whrote taking "The Silmarillion" as a base.

And what about the indications made by Raina...
Rhapsody, Angra (I'm brazilian too) and DragonForce, I agree, for sure.
Even not liking DragonForce on live conserts, the tempo of guitars distort the sound and sounds like a "bee".

Excuse my poor english, but it's not my main lenguage.

Monday 27 December 2010 - 13:46:23
Yeah I think Blind Guardian and 3 Inches Of Blood are probably the 2 Power bands I really get into.

I get in Children Of Bodom as well but I have no clue what genre they are now soo...whatever 0 0 0

Monday 27 December 2010 - 17:21:25
Children Of Bodom is melodic Death Metal that integrates Power metal-esque leads and solos. Therefore most people consider them melodic death/power metal, although just calling them melodic Death Metal is fine too.

Similar bands that employ this style would be Norther or Mercenary.

Also, 3 Inches Of Blood is more of a traditional Heavy Metal band than a Power Metal one. To me anyways.

I'll recommend a band to all of you that hasn't been mentioned yet and isn't a first-tier Power Metal band: Demons & Wizards. It's a side-project of Hansi Kursch and Jon Schaffer, and while I think Schaffer is a insolent little shit, he does a good job on here and...well, Hansi fucking Kursch. One of the metal gods. Need I say more?

Monday 10 January 2011 - 00:14:06
You can try;
Powerwolf
Sinbreed
Gothic Knights

Wednesday 12 January 2011 - 16:07:25

Wednesday 12 January 2011 - 16:10:19
Power Metal is an odd one for me because unlike Deathcore, there is Nothing in Power Metal that I dislike. I mean every Power band I have listen to (not much though) are pretty good.

I may research some more 0

Friday 24 June 2011 - 21:16:56
You love women ? Yes, I hope so !
Try Phantom Blue . It had been a very long time since I hadn't listened to them but today it's the same thrill as before .
Unfortunately it's ended now but I think you'll enjoy