Death Metal >> Heaviest Death Metal Album
Share to Facebook Share to Myspace Share to Twitter Stumble It Email This More...

Wednesday 01 June 2011 - 22:42:40
I dunno if any single band could be Characterized as the "Heaviest" but some of the more Brutal bands out there for me are Putrid Pile (gonna be seeing them/him live at Central Illinois Metalfest, so fucking stoked for that) and Hour Of Penance

Wednesday 01 June 2011 - 23:07:36

citation :
Demogorefest says :  Central Illinois Metalfest

fuck i wanna go to that so bad. Screw over 18 shit.

Thursday 02 June 2011 - 05:57:39

citation :
InfinityZero dit :

citation :
GandhiEgo says : Great suggestions and even though Carcass' SOS is probably one of the greatest DM albums I can't consider it heavy.

Really, you don't consider it heavy?
Why not, just for the sake of debate?

Nah, I'm past that

It's just when I think "heavy" that album does not pop up. For instance, Pavel mentioned Asphyx, now they're heavy where Carcass have on S.o,S a very "high-pitched" grain of guitars and the vocals aren't that "low". The atmosphere is fantastic because you always feel like you're in the Morgue with psychopaths but I don't hear "heavy".

Bold Thrower or Coffins are heavy too in the same regard as Asphyx.

Thursday 02 June 2011 - 06:02:59
I posted this in the other "heaviest band" thread.

"War metal" is overall the heaviest "sub-genre" of death metal. The sludgy bass and drums with faded growls and crushing riffs, it is extremely heavy.

Sure, other sub-genres can have heavier bands, but overall, "war metal" maintains a level of heaviness.

Thursday 02 June 2011 - 06:04:31
I think I reviewed these guys. Pretty damn good though I wouldn't recommend it to just about anyone. It's definitely acquired taste here.

Thursday 02 June 2011 - 06:46:37

citation :
Enigmatick says :

citation :

Only thing I asked for for my 18th birfdee was 3 day CIM pass... Still gotta find a hotel room up there. The line up looks pretty Sick, Jungle Rot, Exhumed, Nunslaughter, Putrid Pile, Call the Paramedics, and about 2 dozen other Death Metal bands. I am gonna be so dead after the first day

Thursday 02 June 2011 - 13:33:01

citation :
Demogorefest says :

citation :
Enigmatick says :

citation :

Only thing I asked for for my 18th birfdee was 3 day CIM pass... Still gotta find a hotel room up there. The line up looks pretty Sick, Jungle Rot, Exhumed, Nunslaughter, Putrid Pile, Call the Paramedics, and about 2 dozen other Death Metal bands. I am gonna be so dead after the first day

Holy shit, that sounds awesome!

Thursday 02 June 2011 - 14:17:34

citation :
Demogorefest says :

citation :
Enigmatick says :

citation :

You lucky bastard

Friday 03 June 2011 - 04:49:32
I'll try and take lots of pictures and video of us doin stupid shit at it. I'm REALLY Lookin forward to seeing Jungle Rot. If Decrepit Birth hadn't dropped off the Bill, they woulda never added Jungle Rot to the line up. If anyone else is plannin on going to it, lemmie know; it'd be great to hang out with some of you guys up there

Friday 03 June 2011 - 13:39:47
oh my fucking GOD, so jelaous, especially of Nunslaughter !