Language Learning >> German?
Share to Facebook Share to Myspace Share to Twitter Stumble It Email This More...

Wednesday 26 May 2010 - 19:24:34

citation :
dawn_of_metal says :

citation :
psycho_metal says : I think the ''Ö'' is pronounced something like "uhh", in german, i don't know how it is in swedish.
They're exactly alike. Compare ''uhh'' to the ''o'' in ''words''.

Yeah, now i see it

Saturday 29 May 2010 - 12:54:29
I bought a book in Bad Windsheim, Bayern, DE in a store for I guess tourists who travel to Germany can learn some deutsch. Found it quite interesting since being me, Born in Schonecken (near Bitburg).

Anyway, it's called "Dirty German" by Daniel Chaffey. The book states it will teach you everything slang from "Whats up" to "Fuck off!" in german.

I am going to pronounce the words to the best of my knowledge from the few german phrases, words and pronounciation Ive learned in the past. On the back it states:

Whats up? = Wie gehts? pronounced: Vee Gates?

I'm smashed. = Ich bin total angeschickert. p: Ick bin totel ang-shick-airt.

Fuckin' Munich Fans = Scheisse Munchen Fans. p: Shy-sa Moon-shin Fans.

That shit reeks = Das reicht aber ubel p: Das rykt ah-ber oo-bull

I wanna shag ass. = Ich will Abhauen. p: Ick vil Ob-how-en.

What a complete asshole. = Was fur ein Arshloch. p: Vos fear eye-n Are-sh-loke.

Dude, you're built like Arnold! = Mensch, du bist der Arnie! p: Ment-sh doo bist Dare Are-nee!
Saturday 29 May 2010 - 13:00:11

citation :
psycho_metal says : I think the ''Ö'' is pronounced something like "uhh", in german, i don't know how it is in swedish.

I was taught the "Ö" sound is something like "oo" in "boo hoo" but only if it has those two dots on top may it sound that way.
Saturday 29 May 2010 - 13:08:59

citation :
MenstrualBubbles says : I bought a book in Bad Windsheim, Bayern, DE in a store for I guess tourists who travel to Germany can learn some deutsch. Found it quite interesting since being me, Born in Schonecken (near Bitburg).

Anyway, it's called "Dirty German" by Daniel Chaffey. The book states it will teach you everything slang from "Whats up" to "Fuck off!" in german.

I am going to pronounce the words to the best of my knowledge from the few german phrases, words and pronounciation Ive learned in the past. On the back it states:

Whats up? = Wie gehts? pronounced: Vee Gates?

I'm smashed. = Ich bin total angeschickert. p: Ick bin totel ang-shick-airt.

Fuckin' Munich Fans = Scheisse Munchen Fans. p: Shy-sa Moon-shin Fans.

That shit reeks = Das reicht aber ubel p: Das rykt ah-ber oo-bull

I wanna shag ass. = Ich will Abhauen. p: Ick vil Ob-how-en.

What a complete asshole. = Was fur ein Arshloch. p: Vos fear eye-n Are-sh-loke.

Dude, you're built like Arnold! = Mensch, du bist der Arnie! p: Ment-sh doo bist Dare Are-nee!
If you pronounce ''ich'' like ''ick'' then I think it's the dialect used in berlin. In most parts of germany it's pronounced like it looks like.

Saturday 29 May 2010 - 19:31:43
I think 'ich' is pronounced more like 'ish' - that's how i learnt it and heard it in Germany.

Monday 23 August 2010 - 17:12:36
Na klar! Ich bin Deutscher... Was möchtest Du denn wissen/lernen?
Vielleicht kannst Du mir in Englisch helfen?
Liebe Grüße,
der Saxonman

Saturday 15 January 2011 - 00:18:46
Guten Tag - Good Day or simple Hello
Auf Wiedersehen - Goodbye
Mach's gut - Take Care
Bis bald - So long

if you need more, feel free and contact me what phrases you would like to know.
My Hubby is German LOL

Tuesday 21 August 2012 - 20:50:27
hOLA Yo soy Angela de Bolivia, tambien quiero aprender a hablar aleman, de hecho el proximo año quiero estudiar estudiar aleman en la embajada de Alemania en mi pais . Pero quisiera aprender algo mientras tanto.

-------------------------

Hi' I'm Angela from bolivia, I want to learn german too. In Fact the next year I'm going to study German, but I would like to learn something for a while.

I hope some of you can understand me because I don't know to speak english very well

Sunday 19 April 2020 - 12:54:34

Hi! I'm Sarah, I live in France, and I'm learning German and Russian  

I'm looking for someone to practice a bit. I can help you with French in exchange! 

Don't hesitate to contact me