Thrash Metal >> Favourite Speed Thrash Bands
Share to Facebook Share to Myspace Share to Twitter Stumble It Email This More...

Friday 27 May 2011 - 18:14:44
Havok is my all time favorite Thrash Metal band, you SHOULD look them up haha. here are some other thrash bands you should look up if you dont already know them:

Exodus
Slayer
Testament
Kreator (hellyeah!!)
GWAR (hillarious, their newer stuff is more thrashy, their old shit is more Hardcore punk)
Destruction
Death Angel
Warbringer (slayer's little brother, fast and Brutal)
Crucifier (very fast greek thrash band)

Friday 27 May 2011 - 21:46:54

citation :
miniradman says : I think that thing I dislike most about thrash is how bad the recording quality is (I'm not sure if it's suppose to be like that though) I just get turned off by crappy quality.

Then why do you like black metal?

And yes, SYL is very harsh. They have a industrial wall of sound, ergo, very harsh. In terms of speed, it's their drumming.

Saturday 28 May 2011 - 01:02:56

citation :
Mercenarion says :

Then why do you like black metal?

Well... I don't exactly like the extremely raw "go shoot yourself now" kind black metal. But sometimes I think that poor recording quality is "suppose" to be there at times. A lot of the times I don't like really poor quality of Black Metal because I don't think that the music has the full effect on the listener. That being said, there are a lot of new bands comming out that tend to use High Quality recording, and it's what I'm out on the hunt for 0  

Saturday 28 May 2011 - 19:07:56
Fastest? The only ones I can think of that fit that description are:

Nocturnal Graves:

Toxic Holocaust:

And

Evile:

but I won't jump to conclusions. I'm pretty sure all of their songs don't sound like this. But since they are fast paced, it would be safe to assume that they have speed elements. I'm just saying. I remember listening to a song by Annihilator, but Alas, I can't remember the name of it.

Sunday 29 May 2011 - 09:30:22

citation :
pavel says : Listen to their records several times, preferably buy their CD's, find out what Thrash Metal is all about, listen all of that again, than you can Bitch about this music and I'll be willing to discuss that with you. It is irritating when people download an album or listen to a few songs on youtube and judge.

Errr... just because I don't like some of the bands now, that doesn't stop me from comming back to them in the near future and of course I'm going to Judge music based on what I have heard. How else am I going to do it?

citation :
Every band is evolving at some point, that's why it's necessary to listen to their whole discographies. Compare Sadus from DTP Demo 1986 or Illusions with Vision of misery. Compare Dark Angel's Darkness Descends to Time does not heal. If you still won't like it, than thrash is not your genre.

I did compare them, no, I still didn't like them and no, I'm not going to condemn a whole genre of metal purely based on a couple of artists.

@DoomMetalPrincess - Holy fuck... Nocturnal Graves 0 , if there is more thrash (know it's not pure) metal like that, I might actually start warming up to the genre 0

Sunday 29 May 2011 - 14:03:13
that's cool, but for example everything youtube sounds shitty to me, I dislike to listen music from the computer as well. Listening to the records from CD's/MCD's/vinyls is the best way, I couldn't appriciate many bands cause I've listened them on my computer- than I've heard the Cd - it was completely different. I don't care if you like Sadus or Dark Angel, Slayer, Sodom, Protector, etc, etc, this shit is pure, but it's Dying, and now we have bands from the new wave of Thrash Metal - they call themselves 'oldschool' and shit, but it's Nothing like that, they have no spirit of the 80's, they just have some skills, good equipment and play metal. I understand if that's enough for some people, for me it's not, I can listen to first Warbringers EP sometime or stuff from Violator, but that's it, new wave of TM has Nothing more to offer. I'm a bit chaotic, sorry, I've finished my final exams and I have 4 months of Vacation, so I simply got high Miniradman check out Razor's Evil Invaders, I love whole Razor's discography. Cheers!

Sunday 29 May 2011 - 17:58:19

citation :
miniradman says :

@DoomMetalPrincess - Holy fuck... Nocturnal Graves 0 , if there is more thrash (know it's not pure) metal like that, I might actually start warming up to the genre 0

In that case, you might like Nocturnal and Trench Hell.

Sure, it may not be as fast paced as NG, but it's still fast.

Sunday 29 May 2011 - 21:48:07

citation :
miniradman says : Holy fuck... Nocturnal Graves 0 , if there is more thrash (know it's not pure) metal like that, I might actually start warming up to the genre 0

It seems you like Death thrash.

Here you go:

Legion of the Damned

Yyrkoon (one of my favourite thrash bands)

Deathchain

Exmortus

Arsis

Torchbearer

Sunday 29 May 2011 - 22:08:44
Legion Of The Damned and Deathchain are required listening for any metal fan. Feel the Blade is a damn near perfect record.
If you're Lookin for a more "modern" Thrash Metal sound, you might wanna check out Hatesphere and One Man Army and the Undead Quartet.

Sunday 29 May 2011 - 22:17:25
Never really considered Arsis to be Death Thrash...