Ready... action! >> Favourite Movies of All Time
Share to Facebook Share to Myspace Share to Twitter Stumble It Email This More...

Wednesday 23 February 2011 - 05:13:35

citation :
InfinityZero says : Well, not to mention the faulty plot, (watch the movies while questioning everything; there are at least 50 GAPING plotholes in I II and III. There's also the stupidity of the basis of the relationship between Padme and Anakin (watch part two and ask yourself why Padme falls in love with Anakin when Anakin just bitches at her AND discusses a Mass murder that he committed).

Very true. If they left out that moronic relationship, it would have been so much better. Yes... there are a shitload of plotholes.

Okay, is there some way to get this back on topic or we'll need to make a Star Wars thread?

Wednesday 23 February 2011 - 07:10:24

citation :
InfinityZero says :

citation :
miniradman says :

citation :
InfinityZero says : Mine is this:
V
IV
VI

and the new ones don't count as Star Wars movies, they count as Star Wars parodies. I'm really close to explaining every reason why the new ones are some of the worst hi-budget movies around. Gaaaah, I don't even like talking about them. They're so pathetic. (No Offense to anyone else, but they just REALLY piss me off).

thats true

I never really understood why they chose to make the series in that order 0

I don't care about the order they were made in. The idea is that Lucas only came up with p. IV, V and VI.
Twenty years later:
"Y'know, I could really cash in by making useless prequels to the Star Wars movies I made. Like, those fans love the movies so much that if I made new ones they'd pay to see 'em no matter what. Oh, and I could hook stupid 5 year olds who think Jar Jar binks is funny and get them to buy shitloads of gimmicky merchandise!"

And then Georgie shat out p. I II and III, emotionally scarring real Star Wars fans for life.
Oh, and he can't write scripts for shit.

yeah true that

whats next Star Wars The Force Unleashed: THE MOVIE
or
Star Wars Battlefront: THE MOVIE.

I wouldn't be surprised if they did, seeing how desperate they became when making the first 3 in the series (I, II, II not IV, V, VI 0 )

Wednesday 23 February 2011 - 20:54:47

citation :
Mercenarion says :
Okay, is there some way to get this back on topic or we'll need to make a Star Wars thread?

Well, this forum is for discussing movies, so as Far as I'm concerned, this is on topic. Oooh, one more thing about the Star Wars prequels. The characters are really really dumb. Like, slasher movie teenager dumb. Remember in part I when the Trade Federation guys wanted to invade Naboo to force Amadala to Sign a treaty? They landed their ships on the exact opposite side of the planet from the Naboo city capital, allowing the Jedis (who they had previously said had gone missing) to warn the Naboo and give them time to establish an army. MAJOR stupidity.
Oh, to change topics, how 'bout them remakes? Let's Bitch about crappy remakes next.

Friday 25 February 2011 - 04:21:12
I was not exactly fond of Rob's Halloween remakes.

But that was all just personal taste. Remakes I hated were easily Planet of the Apes (Burton's version), and that latest Karate Kid.

Friday 25 February 2011 - 04:49:33

citation :
JosefDecker says : I was not exactly fond of Rob's Halloween remakes.

But that was all just personal taste. Remakes I hated were easily Planet of the Apes (Burton's version), and that latest Karate Kid.

AGREED, I can't stand the Planet of the Apes or Karate Kid remakes. They are just so mediocre compared to the originals.

Friday 25 February 2011 - 12:49:36

citation :
JosefDecker says : I was not exactly fond of Rob's Halloween remakes.

The first Rob Zombie Halloween was surprisingly very good. I'm a big fan of the original.

Talking about horror remakes. I thought the Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake was Ace, but the Friday the 13th and A Nightmare On Elm Street remakes were pants.

Friday 25 February 2011 - 13:20:20
Best movie EVER:
Event Horizont

other good movies:
Braindead, Hostel 1+2, Sunshine, Nekromantic, The Evildead, 8mm, Fight Club, Snatch, The Story of Rikki (kungFu Splatter movie)

Monday 07 March 2011 - 20:04:48
the simpsons movie
sin city
lemony snicket's a series of unfortunate events
kung fu panda
despicable me
salt
black swan
inception
anastasia
toy story 2
harry potter series
spiderman series
(see more)

Tuesday 08 March 2011 - 16:06:29

citation :
yinyang_cali says : the simpsons movie
Sin city
lemony snicket's a series of unfortunate events
kung fu panda
despicable me
salt
black swan
inception
anastasia
toy story 2
harry potter series
spiderman series
(see more)

That's a... pretty varied list. 0
Only ones I really loved off that list were Black Swan and Toy Story 2. I like the first 2 Harry Potter movies (the first woulda been best but the kids weren't very good actors by that point).

Wednesday 09 March 2011 - 15:47:52

citation :
InfinityZero says : That's a... pretty varied list. 0
Only ones I really loved off that list were Black Swan and Toy Story 2. I like the first 2 Harry Potter movies (the first woulda been best but the kids weren't very good actors by that point).

that's right. i don't really have any genre preferences. so long as the movie catches my fancy. though i must admit that whenever asked for a specific genre preference i'd say Psychological first and foremost, all the time. too bad there aren't many good psychological movies.