New Releases >> Deathspell Omega Drought (22/6/12)
Share to Facebook Share to Myspace Share to Twitter Stumble It Email This More...

Wednesday 23 May 2012 - 09:36:14
anyone exited for this?

Sure its only an EP, but from what I've heard on youtube, it's gonna be a fucking awesome ep!

Wednesday 23 May 2012 - 14:21:42
Sounds absolutely terrible from that one song.

I hope the rest of the EP isn't as bad.

Wednesday 23 May 2012 - 23:21:19

citation :
Mercenarion says : Sounds absolutely terrible from that one song.

Elaborate, perhaps?

Thursday 24 May 2012 - 00:28:19

citation :
miniradman says :

citation :
Mercenarion says : Sounds absolutely terrible from that one song.

Elaborate, perhaps?

Overly thick guitar tone adapted to their discordant riffs gives it an extremely convoluted sound. It almost resembles chugging. Sounds like DsO doesn't give a shit anymore.

Tuesday 29 May 2012 - 14:15:04
This song is great ! Strongly on June 22 to get it !

Wednesday 30 May 2012 - 02:14:14
I have to agree with Merc on this one. For me that song just sounded so sloppy and all over the place. It didn't really have a nice flow to it.

But then again, my opinion may be biased because this is the first time I actually listened to a full song by DsO. Never really checked them out before.

Thursday 31 May 2012 - 15:29:32
Im my opinion, overall, Deathspell Omega's music is sloppy and doesn't seem to flow in one direction. They're the opposite of one direction... (see what I did there?)

Thursday 31 May 2012 - 18:02:21
Oh mini
Anyways, I would be interested in hearing the full EP. Because it's not like the entire thing is going to sound just like that song (sloppy).

Thursday 31 May 2012 - 21:20:40

citation :
miniradman says : Im my opinion, overall, Deathspell Omega's music is sloppy and doesn't seem to flow in one direction. They're the opposite of one direction... (see what I did there?)

Proof that you haven't really given them a listen. Their music is extremely precise (on Fas-Ite and Paracletus) in execution. Most things that are extremely dissonant do seem directionless (e.g.: Gorguts' Obscura).

Friday 01 June 2012 - 12:10:52

citation :
Mercenarion says :

citation :
miniradman says : Im my opinion, overall, Deathspell Omega's music is sloppy and doesn't seem to flow in one direction. They're the opposite of one direction... (see what I did there?)

Proof that you haven't really given them a listen. Their music is extremely precise (on Fas-Ite and Paracletus) in execution. Most things that are extremely dissonant do seem directionless (e.g.: Gorguts' Obscura).

I agree with you, dso knows how to play their instruments and merge them into a composition. Especially during Paracletus I'm fascinated by the drumming. Guitarwise too, they think Beyond the stereotypical Power chord/ single note tremelo