Discussions about Music >> top 10 bands of all time
Share to Facebook Share to Myspace Share to Twitter Stumble It Email This More...

Friday 10 July 2009 - 22:29:42
these are my top 10 favorite bands of all time, 1 being greatest of all time
1: Wintersun
2: Ensiferum
3: Gorgoroth
4: Manowar
5: Hypocrisy
6: Turisas
7: Bathory
8: God Dethroned
9: Jungle Rot
10: Naglfar/ Dissection (Sweden)

Saturday 11 July 2009 - 06:43:16
And these are my top ten favorite bands:
1. Misfits
2. Beneath The Sky
3. Ignominious Incarceration
4. Otep
5. Silversun Pickups
6. Bright Eyes
7. Schoolyard Heroes
8. Motionless In White
9. Frightened Rabbit
10. The Faint

These are in no specific order with the exception of the Misfits because they are my all-time favorite band.

Sunday 12 July 2009 - 21:41:56

citation :

1. Sabaton
2. Burning In Hell
3. Ceremonial Castings
4. HammerFall
5. Lost Horizon
6. Equilibrium
7. Dawnless
8. Amon Amarth
9. DragonForce
10. Nattfog

This was my favourite band list about 3 years ago and I must say it has evolved quite a lot since then. I mean seriously, Nattfog? At the time Nattfog had only released one demo with 3 songs and the only reason I liked it was because it was trve kvlt and it was cool to listen to music like that. Let's see how the list has evolved over the years and compare them. This won't be easy...

1. Orphaned Land
Every album they've released is perfect or near perfect. The first Two albums had a rather similair sound but the Two later albums differed quite a lot and had a lot of variety which is a good thing, I love variety. Every time I listen to them I always discover something that I hadn't noticed before which is why they still hold up after I've listened to every song a Million times.

2. Mirrorthrone
Merc pretty much covered it up. go back to page Six to see what he had to say.

3. Iron Maiden

Are you going to Kill me if I say that I think that the later albums are
better than the older ones? Don't get me wrong, I love Seventh Son and
Somewhere in Time but I think that Brave New World, Dance of Death and A
Matter of Life and Death are pure masterpieces. Iron maiden has
developed a more mature sound that fills me with joy and Sadness
whenever I listen to it. The earlier albums didn't really do that to me,
it just seems like it's great music that you headbang to and sing along
while the later stuff is something that listen to and pay attention.
You may now send me your death threats

4. Amaseffer
They've only released one album so Far so it might not be fair to add them on the list but that one album is without a doubt one of the best albums I've eve heard. This band tells the story about the Exodus by creating music that almost belongs to an epic movie (not the shitty scary movie like movie called "epic movie" but a real epic movie of course). All you need to do when you listen to them is to Close Your Eyes and let the music take you away. Listen to the entire album for the best experience.

5. Apotheosis
Only one full-lenght release here too but damn is it good! This band is a quite similair to Mirrirthrone because of the large variety of instruments, samples and effects. The only album released differs a lot between songs and even in the songs. The intro is mainly ambient with several different string instruments which evolves into an epic orchestra which then opens up the next song that has a more symphonic Black Metal with neo-classical influence sound. The album album also features Thrash Metal, Progressive Metal, god-knows-what-metal etc. It's varied so if you like variety, like I do, check it out but if you don't like too many effects and samples then don't check it out.

6. Blind Guardian
This band has been with me for a long time and still holds up very well. I like every era from this band: the Speed Metal era, the Power Metal era, the overproduced Power Metal era and the latest album as well. Hansi Voice is amazing, the backing vocals are amazing, the drumming is amazing the guitar work is amazing but the bass is sadly not amazing since I can't hear it... As a bassist I'm slightly offended...

7. VNV Nation
I've mentioned this band a lot and I think I'm too Lazy to wright about them again... actually I think I'm Lazy to write about any band right now, sorry.

8. 1000 Funerals
9. Hibria
10. Agalloch

There are several bands that I've heard that I probably would add to this list if I heard more of those bands. Bands like The Axis of perdition, Unexpect, Lost Horizon, Ceremonial Castings, Devil Doll etc are all potential entries to the list but unfortunately I havn't yet heard enough of those bands to judge that yet.

Monday 13 July 2009 - 20:10:53
I gotta revise my list:
8: Wolfchant
9: S.O.D.
10: God Dethroned
forget about SOD and Wolfchant when i made my list

Wednesday 15 July 2009 - 17:20:57

Thursday 16 July 2009 - 05:16:48

citation :
xentrix86 says : 1 Xentrix
2 Holy Moses
3 Nuclear Assault