best black metal bands in norway
Share to Facebook Share to Myspace Share to Twitter Stumble It Email This More...

CreatioExMateria
message posted the : Tuesday 29 June 2010 - 22:20:10

citation :
Demogorefest says :

citation :
CreatioExMateria says : I'm not really into Black Metal, more of a death metaller here, but I went to see Immortal at Hellfest and enjoyed the show. I don't think I could ever actually listen to them though. I might give it a lash at another stage!

One thing I have to say is, Wardruna are actually savage! They do a great show. Very atmospheric.

I'm listening to Ad Majorem Satanhas Gloriam at the minute, and Gorgoroth just don't really do it for me.

Possibly my favourite Norweigan bm band is Deathcult. Cult of the Dragon is a cracker. This is coming from someone who doesn't really like bm, bear that in mind. =p

as far as Ad Majorem Satanas Gloriam goes, personally, i thought it was their weakest album.
and Deathcult is amazing, i've listened to a few tunes off that album... the song Seig Heil Satan kinda caught my eye when i was looking at the track listing, are they NSBM?

Good, because I tried again and just thought Ad Majorem was a bit shit.
I don't think they ascribe to NSBM ideology, no. They're no Peste Noire, ahaha.

Signal a abusiv message 

Demogorefest
message posted the : Tuesday 29 June 2010 - 22:48:06

Fifth circle
Registered the : 2009-05-10

I've never actually gotten around to listening to Peste Noir before. i didn't realize Satanic Warmaster was so nazi-themed till listened to some of his early songs off of the Gas Chamber demo, he screams seig heil about 20 fucking times in the song Macht and Ehre, it gets really annoying

Shit yeah!... Shit no, No One likes shit!
Signal a abusiv message 

gradymayhem
message posted the : Saturday 19 November 2011 - 22:02:59

Fifth circle
Registered the : 2011-11-18

Haven't been too impressed with any Norwegian band's recent output (this thread is about current releases, right?). I fail to see how everyone is voting Mayhem. Am I the only one who doesn't like their new material?

Live by the Sign of Blood Fire Death!
Post metal on my facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/# target=
Signal a abusiv message 

Dichotomous_One
message posted the : Tuesday 24 January 2012 - 00:06:10

Fifth circle
Registered the : 2011-12-13

One album I've been really impressed with is Iskald's The Sun I Carried Alone.

Just recently got into Black Metal, loving Iskald.

Signal a abusiv message 

Raina
message posted the : Tuesday 24 January 2012 - 10:26:56

Third circle
Registered the : 2007-03-12

I really like Kampfar and Dodsengel out of the slightly newer norwegian bands out there.

When in Danger or in doubt,
Run in circles, Scream and shout.
Signal a abusiv message 

Crinn
message posted the : Sunday 29 April 2012 - 04:55:40

Second circle
Registered the : 2011-12-18

Darkthrone, Hands down. There are so many amazing Norwegian Black Metal bands..but Darkthrone is the best.

"Your GOD died on a cross. Mine holds a hammer in his hand. Make your own conclusions." --Nergal (Behemoth)
Signal a abusiv message 

Post reply   Quick answer

Spirit of Metal Webzine © 2003-2014
site developed and maintained by Spirit of Metal Team