Musicians >> Your Favorite Modern Metal Guitar Riffs & Solos
Share to Facebook Share to Myspace Share to Twitter Stumble It Email This More...

Monday 24 January 2011 - 11:13:12
Hey guys we've all heard the 100 greatest Guitar solos and a lot of the Guitarist form back then were pretty awesome.

But what are your  Favorite Modern Rock/Metal Guitar Riffs And Sols and when i say modern let try to keep it around the past 8 years or so unless theirs a solo that really blew your mind

Right off the top of my Head Synyster Gates form A7X comes to mind his solos are Insane by Far my favorite modern guitarist, and most of my favorite solos are from him. Heres some of my favorite
Seize the Day solo - A7X
Beast and the Harlot solo - A7X
MIA solo - A7X
Afterlife solo - A7X
The Wicked End solo - A7X

And of course anything from James Root & Mick Thompson from Slipknot Just blows me, some of my favorites
Sulfur
Before i forget
Psychosocial
The Nameless

Monday 24 January 2011 - 19:56:26
Ho ho hold it: You're saying that A7X has good solos?? You probably didn't heard much solos man. A7X isn't that skilled. I suggest to start, at least, with some solos from Children of Bodom. His style is better, faster and more skilled than Slipknot or A7X.

Monday 24 January 2011 - 20:07:36

citation :
Panzerjager says : Ho ho hold it: You're saying that A7X has good solos?? You probably didn't heard much solos man. A7X isn't that skilled. I suggest to start, at least, with some solos from Children of Bodom. His style is better, faster and more skilled than Slipknot or A7X.

I can't argue with that.

Gus G from Firewind/Ozzy

Monday 24 January 2011 - 20:39:13

citation :
MothandMoon says :

citation :
Panzerjager says : Ho ho hold it: You're saying that A7X has good solos?? You probably didn't heard much solos man. A7X isn't that skilled. I suggest to start, at least, with some solos from Children of Bodom. His style is better, faster and more skilled than Slipknot or A7X.

I can't argue with that.

Gus G from Firewind/Ozzy

You shot right in the goal with Gus G You rock man

Tuesday 25 January 2011 - 00:07:56

citation :

You're both wrong.
What you fellas need is some muthafuckin' Exmortus.

Tuesday 25 January 2011 - 00:29:23

citation :
Enigmatick says :

citation :

You're both wrong.
What you fellas need is some muthafuckin' Exmortus.

This man speaks truth. Exmortus for the win!

Tuesday 25 January 2011 - 17:39:45
Here some of my favorite modern riffs, you may argue that whatever band has better or more skilled guitarists, but these just sound amazing:

Opeth - The Twilight is my robe , really awesome song, don't know why it's not among their best. You can add 'Master's apprentice' too for great guitar work.

Negura Bunget - Arborele Lumii, really strong tremolo guitar hooks.

Bloodbath - Eaten, groovy, steady and insanelly catchy riff. And when I say catchy, it Means it will be stuck in your brain for a few good hours if not more...

Wintersun - Beyond the dark sun, one great piece of guitar work

Children of Bodom - Hate me, ...yes, yes it's only a cheesy homosexual version of Exmortus (yawn). Now, why does this guitar sound so damn good? The melody just flows so nicely. This band simply deserves its fame, just like a lot of other not-so-well-known bands would.

Rhapsody of Fire - Emerald Sword, Luca Turilli's just one amazing guitarist and composer. The riffs are freaking epic and it shows a strong affinity towards neoclassical.

Ensiferum - Token of Time, also 'Little Dreamer' .

Behemoth - Conquer all, you all know it, I'm feeling too Lazy to think of arguments.

Tuesday 25 January 2011 - 18:32:07
one of my all time favorites is without any hesitation Feel the Blade by Legion Of The Damned, that opening riff is just the Epitome of awesome

Wednesday 26 January 2011 - 08:33:55
Guys iv listened to your favorites and all i can say is WOW you guys have opened my eyes to a whole new world THANK YOU some of those solos are infreakin sane

Please keep them comming

Wednesday 26 January 2011 - 09:04:31

citation :
D3athBr1ng3r says : Guys iv listened to your favorites and all i can say is WOW you guys have opened my eyes to a whole new world THANK YOU some of those solos are infreakin sane

Please keep them comming

Why not check out the 'Rate what the person above you is listening to ' thread ? It has loads of good suggestions from various genres.