Discussions about Music >> Which band is the greatest of all time?
Share to Facebook Share to Myspace Share to Twitter Stumble It Email This More...

Friday 20 March 2009 - 17:00:55
So I found this game and its kinda hard.  Your basically trying to pick the greatest artist of all time. I felt so guilty about some of my eliminations... O man. Anyway there's a gibson les paul up for grabs and an iPod mini to the winner. So if your bored and want to give it a try go to http://rockmadness.fuse.tv/a/home

I guarantee your going to have to eliminate bands that you like. The site is on face book connect so you can see who your friends are picking ... One of my friends picked Weezer... He obviously didn't take the game seriously... hahahah Anyway Tell me who you pick!

Friday 20 March 2009 - 17:12:08
I grew up thinking Black Sabbath was the greatest of all time.Granted they are the grandfathers of all that is Metal and the have influenced every Metal band in some way,but I have recently discovered Iced Earth and I might have to pick them. It can only be a very difficult choice and I really don't think there can be a single band named The Greatest of All Time.Maybe the 5 greatest.....

Sunday 22 March 2009 - 18:32:52
Have to agree with MeanMan there - no matter what bands you like or what styles you're into, ultimately it can all be traced back to Sabbath.  While I'm a colossal fan of Priest, Maiden and a huge amount of others, I reckon Sabbath played the biggest part in the history of metal, chiefly because they were one of the bands who invented Heavy Metal as we know it.

Even more specifically, doom began with Sabbath, and later on, they sowed the seeds of Power ("Hole in the Sky") and symphonic (various songs on the album "Sabbath Bloody Sabbath", particularly "Spiral Architect") metal.  They also, interestingly enough, were the first band that I know of to use pro-Christian lyrics (see "After Forever"). 

Also, where would we be without the classic downtuned sound of Tony Iommi's guitar - invented out of necessity following the industrial Accident that cost HIM the tips of two fingers.

Monday 30 March 2009 - 08:55:56
Well i think the greatest bands of all the time are Black Sabbath,Iron Maiden and Nirvana

Wednesday 01 April 2009 - 11:24:05
There were almost no bands I like, in that . So I mostly picked Random ones. Metallica was the winner for me, but I only chose it beacuse it was only thing close to my taste.

Out of this game, I agree with others about Black Sabbath being the greatest.

Friday 03 April 2009 - 22:21:59
I ended up with Metallica too. Are you going to watch Metallica's induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame tomorrow night? Gonna be pretty sick. They def deserve it.

Monday 06 April 2009 - 00:38:04
Pink Floyd.... I know i'm a trator of the metalheads but Pink Floyd are the best ever, there music is brilliant, the way they right the songs and most of the all the LSD intake??? What a band.

Close second.... the home team... Carcass m/

Saturday 18 April 2009 - 05:07:22
Black Sabbath :D! of course! I think that the best bands are those who are/was  legends in the music.
How about Pantera, King Diamond and Kiss :D?

Saturday 18 April 2009 - 18:05:53
Children Of Bodom are legendary for me, but im more into Dawnless right now...

Tuesday 21 April 2009 - 19:48:43
Well the list is kinda long but here is som of them:

Sisters Of Mercy
Naglfar
My Dying Bride
Draconian

and the list goes on...