Which Genre do you perfer ?
Share to Facebook Share to Myspace Share to Twitter Stumble It Email This More...

Getting poll results. Please wait...
Which subgenre do you perfer?
Deathcore
Metalcore
Post-Hardcore
Screamo
Emo Metal
Hardcore Punk
Noise Hardcore

Scared
message posted the : Tuesday 20 December 2011 - 11:28:05

Fourth circle
Registered the : 2011-08-09

citation :
miniradman says : YES! forums fulfilling their purpose

Lol

Signal a abusiv message 

ryan5
message posted the : Tuesday 20 December 2011 - 12:57:29

Fifth circle
Registered the : 2009-06-19

citation :
Scared says : I like the last to styles you posted their mini some awsome bands to, wasn't KeeN on the second but i didn't mind the first.

Yeah man, Anime Fire are fucking awesome. Some of the first Metalcore i heard apart from B4MV, IKTPQ etc. I prefer their first Ep, "where wolves fear to tread". It's just better, they seem to have their OWN sound on that, whereas their "new" ep takes on more of the IKTPQ approach vocals wise. Mind you i do like that ep also. Best song of theirs is probably Machine of war.

citation :

Scared says: Also Black Tide are becoming more Metalcore now to, similar to BFMV so mini check out their new stuff

Their debut was magic, haven't heard anything since. They had more of a . . .alternative sound i cant quite explain it as it wasnt Heavy Metal but it wasnt metalcore. 

"I Wish I had that AR-15 in here, then I could probably get out.....I don't like being locked up, it's not very nice."

-Martin Bryant, after the Port Arthur Signal a abusiv message

Moose1220
message posted the : Wednesday 11 January 2012 - 05:14:55

Fifth circle
Registered the : 2011-11-17

I voted Metalcore, but Hardcore is in a close second.  To me, Metalcore seems to combine several elements like heaviness and melody (probably b.s. but hey haha).  I don't think a lot of it is just scene crap like most people think; there is actually some great Metalcore out there.

And I gotta show Scared some love with Darkest Hour

Signal a abusiv message 

Scared
message posted the : Monday 30 January 2012 - 20:42:05

Fourth circle
Registered the : 2011-08-09

citation :
Moose1220 says: And I gotta show Scared some love with Darkest Hour

Thanks Man that used to be my favorite song but I listened to it to much so I got bored of it, I know really like the song Man&Swine

Signal a abusiv message 

exnoctemnacimur
message posted the : Sunday 11 March 2012 - 17:12:29

Fifth circle
Registered the : 2012-03-10

Personally, I prefer Hardcore punk. Why? It's angry music at it's purest form. The original Hardcore had very little influences from metal - it was just sped up punk rock. Now, however, Hardcore is something different - it's thrash, but not quite thrash. Bands like Black Flag, Minor Threat and the Dead Kennedys are great. If I want to listen to metal, I'll go ahead and listen to metal, and if I want punk, I'll listen to some old style Hardcore - I don't want a Fusion of the Two

That's just me though

Signal a abusiv message 

miniradman
message posted the : Thursday 29 March 2012 - 14:09:52

forum's admin

First circle
Registered the : 2010-08-23

citation :
exnoctemnacimur says : Personally, I prefer Hardcore punk. Why? It's angry music at it's purest form. The original Hardcore had very little influences from metal - it was just sped up punk rock. Now, however, Hardcore is something different - it's thrash, but not quite thrash. Bands like Black Flag, Minor Threat and the Dead Kennedys are great. If I want to listen to metal, I'll go ahead and listen to metal, and if I want punk, I'll listen to some old style Hardcore - I don't want a Fusion of the Two

That's just me though

Why not something thats Angry and Modern... (Dare I say metal too)

It ist da badass

I remember having fun once, it was terrible...
Signal a abusiv message 

TABIzMe
message posted the : Sunday 15 April 2012 - 06:04:33

Fifth circle
Registered the : 2012-04-15

I like both Deathcore and Metalcore, so I couldn't really vote on one or another...too hard of a decision for me lol

"We'll charge the throne, we'll Set The Tone; we'll leave Nothing but skin and bone."

"We are surrounded by harlots. Bishop not today, not today, miss nuclear."

"The only verdict is vengeance!"
Signal a abusiv message 

Zombie94
message posted the : Sunday 15 April 2012 - 17:48:03

Fifth circle
Registered the : 2012-04-09

Deathcore by far. Metalcore has it's high points but Deathcore is heavier. :D

Signal a abusiv message 

sethx1307
message posted the : Wednesday 19 September 2012 - 23:16:59

Fifth circle
Registered the : 2012-09-14

I almost like every one so just voted for death Core becouse it was the first metal I Ever listend to

Signal a abusiv message 

StoneSourLP
message posted the : Tuesday 25 December 2012 - 17:05:23

Fifth circle
Registered the : 2010-11-01

I like Post-Hardcore ( Pierce The Veil, A Day To Remember, Memphis May Fire ..) but Metalcore and Deathcore are good too even though I don't really know those genre.

Come back to me, it's almost easy.
Signal a abusiv message 

Post reply   Quick answer

Spirit of Metal Webzine © 2003-2014
site developed and maintained by Spirit of Metal Team