Black Metal >> Where does the best black metal come from?
Share to Facebook Share to Myspace Share to Twitter Stumble It Email This More...

Getting poll results. Please wait...
Take Your Pick ; )
Norway
Sweden
Finland
Poland

Sunday 06 February 2011 - 08:37:20
I SAW a thread like this here before but without these bands

Personally, Id have to go with Sweden beacuse Marduk, Watain and Bathory.

I do like the bands from Norway but the stuff comming out of Sweden is really good aswell.

The Black Metal comming from Poland and Finland is pretty good aswell.

what do you think 0  

Sunday 06 February 2011 - 08:50:10
Based on this poll, the best Black Metal comes from Finland. Based on every country, the best Black Metal comes from France.

Sunday 06 February 2011 - 10:29:24
I would say every country has it's own charm. However I wouldn't put Poland next to countries as Sweden, Norway, France or Finland. I would replace Poland with Germany, just my opinion though. Didn't say that Poland doesn't produce good BM.

France does produce some damn good Bm but you have the problem there that you can't speak of a coherent scene Lik you have in Norway. In France you have Les Légions Noires with Peste Noire as one of the most prominent. But other good bm bands are excluded from Les Légions or there is even serious hostility. Bands like Otargos face this problem. Otagros is a great band but they don't get the deserved acceptance in own country. Most support comes From Beyond the French borders.

Sunday 06 February 2011 - 16:45:40
NORWAY

Oh, and wasn't there a forum for this earlier?
I remember that forum having France as an option though...

Sunday 06 February 2011 - 18:18:27
Finland.

Tuesday 08 February 2011 - 23:42:16
The fourth get great bands such as Bathory, Tsjuder, Horna or Infernal War. I can't choose among them, and they're a lot of great BM bands from all over the world.

Friday 11 February 2011 - 02:39:42
Personally, Norway. But there are good bands from other places too.

Tuesday 15 February 2011 - 09:25:06

citation :
Mercenarion says : Based on this poll, the best Black Metal comes from Finland. Based on every country, the best Black Metal comes from France.

France ??

Only one band is not bad (Nehemah)... The french country have much band but majority is a plagiat of norway. Band as Mutiilation is the high fake that i have never see (for exemple), same Blut Aus Nord, Otargos, Gris... a small part of all their album is good, but a small part...

Then say they are the best scene in the world, i dont know...

---

Norway is not comparable with Sweden of Finland. Song of Norway is must cold. Every melody of Norway are always composit with a particular feeling (remember Stormblåst, Emperor, old Gorgoroth (and some new). Sweden is most brutal.

Tuesday 15 February 2011 - 22:55:30
...just a Random question but, why is Poland on the list?
the only REAL Black Metal band from Poland that i can think of off the top of my Head right now is Arkona (pretty decent band though, i found a copy of their compilation CD Curse of the Ancient Godz awhile back)

Tuesday 15 February 2011 - 23:16:44

citation :
Aash says :

citation :
Mercenarion says : Based on this poll, the best Black Metal comes from Finland. Based on every country, the best Black Metal comes from France.

France ??

Only one band is not bad (Nehemah)... The french country have much band but majority is a plagiat of norway. Band as Mutiilation is the high fake that i have never see (for exemple), same Blut Aus Nord, Otargos, Gris... a small part of all their album is good, but a small part...

Then say they are the best scene in the world, i dont know...

---

Norway is not comparable with Sweden of Finland. Song of Norway is must cold. Every melody of Norway are always composit with a particular feeling (remember Stormblåst, Emperor, old Gorgoroth (and some new). Sweden is most brutal.

Gris is from Canada.

The bands from France that I like (Black Metal) are Antaeus, Glorior Belli, Peste Noire, Deathspell Omega, SVEST, Belenos, Vehementer Nos. I find Blut Aus Nord very good too. This is an opinion anyway.