Discussions about Music >> What really IS metal???
Share to Facebook Share to Myspace Share to Twitter Stumble It Email This More...

Sunday 01 August 2010 - 00:24:51
The lines between metal and rock have become so blurred. So many bands call themselves metal... and that's what they're known as. Let's be honest, even you Hardcore Bullet For My Valentine, Korn, and Coheed And Cambria fans know that the only reason you call your band metal is because they call themselves metal. In turn, Queens Of The Stone Age, Soundgarden, Rev Theory, etc. are known as hard rock. But don't we get a lot more 'metal' out of QotSA than a lot of bands who we actually call metal?

Sunday 01 August 2010 - 00:38:53
Heavy Metal is a subgenre of rock music, and all the other metal genres are a subgenre of Heavy Metal music.
So it's all just fuckin metal and rock.

Sunday 01 August 2010 - 15:10:49
For me Metal is heavy music which is played by guitars drums and bass, and sometimes keyboard. So BFMV are metal for me, because they sound heavy, they use heavy guitars and fast drums, and isn't metal all that about?
I don't really mind if it's true or fake metal, i just listen to everything, the only genres i listen less than others are Metalcore and Deathcore.

Like MothandMoon said, Metal is a subgenre of Rock, so it's basically all rock we listen to

Sunday 01 August 2010 - 20:27:05
you can say its all rock but unless you are very confused you will have to admit there is a differents between Deep Purple and Gorgoroth

Sunday 01 August 2010 - 21:52:27

citation :
drunk says : you can say its all rock but unless you are very confused you will have to admit there is a differents between Deep Purple and Gorgoroth

I was just kidding with that.

Sunday 01 August 2010 - 22:14:11
The point that metal was deeply influenced by rock , doesnt mean we are the same . Its like saying that because we came for apes , we too are concidered ones ( I am sure you met some that really do , but thats not the point )
As i said a billion times , our music is evolving . So are we . And every stage takes sometime to be established among the croud . I have been listening to Metalcore bands and nu-metal bands from time to time and i see no reason to be ashamed of it .
Some freaking morons that think they are so Brutal have made it tabboo . I am Sad to see some of those to be here among us .
Its better to be openminded , i have many bands i cant accept myself , or listen to , but i wont go blasting " This isnt @#$%^ metal !" because i dont like it .

Monday 02 August 2010 - 00:05:53

citation :
1Archon1 says : The point that metal was deeply influenced by rock , doesnt mean we are the same . Its like saying that because we came for apes , we too are concidered ones ( I am sure you met some that really do , but thats not the point )
As i said a billion times , our music is evolving . So are we . And every stage takes sometime to be established among the croud . I have been listening to Metalcore bands and nu-metal bands from time to time and i see no reason to be ashamed of it .
Some freaking morons that think they are so Brutal have made it tabboo . I am Sad to see some of those to be here among us .
Its better to be openminded , i have many bands i cant accept myself , or listen to , but i wont go blasting " This isnt @#$%^ metal !" because i dont like it .
the point is i dont believe that crap theory that we came from apes

Monday 02 August 2010 - 00:19:41

citation :

citation :

drunk, are you drunk or something.

Monday 02 August 2010 - 00:23:16

citation :
MothandMoon says :

citation :

citation :

drunk, are you drunk or something.
do you really believe you are a ape

Monday 02 August 2010 - 00:34:45

citation :

citation :
do you really believe you are a ape

No I am human, but a close relative to the ape. What I believe in is, science, facts and evidence . I think we are straying from the topic.