Black Metal >> What 5 Black Metal Records Are You Into Right Now
Share to Facebook Share to Myspace Share to Twitter Stumble It Email This More...

Saturday 28 May 2011 - 01:57:07
Why can't we have this for black metal.

What are your top 5 most recent Black Metal albums that you can't stop listening to.

Saturday 28 May 2011 - 02:28:34

Ex Oblivion - The Last Day
I only came across this band just recently. They are a combination of Brutal black and symphonic metal. Some might say that they are more of a Gothic Metal band but to me they have a Black Metal vibe to them. These guys are unlike anything I've heard before. I guess their closest relative in terms of musical style would probably have to be Cradle Of Filth. They give out very similar vibes and now that I think about it, they both have similar song structure.

Endstille - Infektion 1813
For all those who have read my (awful) review on this album. It's clear that I was very fond of it. This is one of my favourite Black Metal releases of the year so far. It's also one of the very few bands that record Brutal Black Metal in fairly high quality. The blast beats are awesome and the music actually makes sense. And the thing that I think makes this album so good is that there is no sense of repititon in this album. Each song differs slightly from the last, which is enough to make it replayable.

Taake - Hordalands Doedskvad
I've said this many times before that this is my all time favourite Black Metal album ever. There is no band out there that beats Taake at his own game. His music is fast, unrepetative and extremely uplifing. I also love the mixture of folky elements that he throws in there because that just adds a twist to his music. This album isn't just a little package of music with a whole bunch of little songs. The whole album is an adventure from start to finish (he probably gave that away when the title of the tracks are in parts).

Satanic Warmaster - Carelian Satanist Madness
This album might not be perfect, but I believe that Carelian Satanist Madness is a flawed gem. The music is highly emotion, raw and energizing at the same time. I really like the mixture of different musical elements that the whole album contains. In my opinion there are both (ordinary) Black Metal elements in this album as well as folk and Pagan black elements as well. For some reason this album reminds me so much of Taake. This album also contains one of my all time favouite Black Metal track... The Vampiric Tyrant

Nekros Manteia - Deus Otiosus
I probably won't be into this album for very long, but at the moment I am. This Avant-Garde Depressive Black Metal band hailing from Australia is responsible for creating this. This is a highly emotional album (just like a DSBM should). Although the recording quality isn't very good, they have managed to get some Jazz and Classical elements into the mix. Some might like it some might not... but I do.

Saturday 28 May 2011 - 14:38:42
Nice albums you're listening too, though I frown when I see that one by Satanic Warmaster. Not that it isn't a good album but that guy has been accused more than once for nazism.
Personally I hav a strong aersion to nazism and that's why I rarely listen to bands like Satanic Warmaster, Absurd and Nordglanz

Saturday 28 May 2011 - 16:42:57
I heard various rumors that SW was NSBM. Up until now I didn't think it was true.
I kinda stopped listening to them after yesterday, when I Saw that SW really WAS NSBM. It's not that their music is bad.
It's just that once I hear something about a certain band that turns out to be true, it changes my view of the band completely.
Also, is it weird that most NSBM bands are Pagan Black, or is it just me?

Saturday 28 May 2011 - 17:22:33
As for the thread itself...

Malevolentia - Ex Oblivion.
Perfect mix of symphonic and black, with some Lovecraft influences.

Nordicwinter - Threnody.
I've been into this album for awhile. Love how some of their songs sorta creates a dark atmpsphere.

Hate Forest - Sorrow.
I believe we all know Hate Forest, and I agree with most people when they say it's awesome. I wouldn't exactly call it raw Black Metal, but in my opinion it could be pretty close to it.

Hate Forest - Purity.
Once again, yet another great album from a great band.

Arcturus - Aspera Hiems Symfonia.
Avantgardiste Black Metal goodness. Found them yesterday, and "Wintry Grey" got me hooked. And I love how the album cover portrays the Northern Lights.

Saturday 28 May 2011 - 18:22:22

citation :
DoomMetalPrincess says : I heard various rumors that SW was NSBM. Up until now I didn't think it was true.
I kinda stopped listening to them after yesterday, when I Saw that SW really WAS NSBM. It's not that their music is bad.
It's just that once I hear something about a certain band that turns out to be true, it changes my view of the band completely.
Also, is it weird that most NSBM bands are Pagan Black, or is it just me?

You stopped listening to them, because they are NSBM? C'mon, it's not like you will turn into a nazi too. If you like their music, you shouldn't care (wow, this sounded so corny). But well, it's your business.

Saturday 28 May 2011 - 18:25:29

citation :
psycho_metal says :

You stopped listening to them, because they are NSBM? C'mon, it's not like you will turn into a nazi too. If you like their music, you shouldn't care (wow, this sounded so corny). But well, it's your business.

It's not like I'm scared I'm gonna turn into a Nazi or anything. I'm just not too fond of the genre, especially after I heard all about it. But I guess you're right.

Saturday 28 May 2011 - 19:43:01
early Satanic Warmaster was a bit nazi-ish, but after the Gas Chamber EP they pretty much severed ties to the Aryan lyrics... gotta admit the solo in Macht and Ehre is pretty  badass even if it does have an intro by Hitler0

Saturday 28 May 2011 - 22:39:22

citation :
Panzerjager says : Nice albums you're listening too, though I frown when I see that one by Satanic Warmaster. Not that it isn't a good album but that guy has been accused more than once for nazism.
Personally I hav a strong aersion to nazism and that's why I rarely listen to bands like Satanic Warmaster, Absurd and Nordglanz

MY GOD WHO GIVES A SHIT IF THERE'S NAZISM IN HIS MUSIC THE RIFFS Kick ASS.

Fuckin' seriously. Does listening to music that may or may not embrace NS lyrics  make you a fucking racist or something? I understand that you make connections to the music through the lyrics too, but bands with NS ideologies (with a few exceptions, of course) generally use the lyrics more as an expression of their national pride rather than full blown antisemitism. Jesus fuck, not listening to a band because of their political leanings? That's like not reading a book because of the author's eye color.

Saturday 28 May 2011 - 23:00:34
True, but for all you know, they don't want to listen to it because they think people might Judge them for it.... But that's not how I am. And I guess you have to have tough skin and not give a shit what anyone says. And I agree when you say the riffs Kick ass, especially in the songs Vampiric Tyrant and True Blackness, which, I believe, rips off a riff from Mayhem's Deathcrush, since they do sound very similar.