What's The Difference?
Share to Facebook Share to Myspace Share to Twitter Stumble It Email This More...

Mercenarion
message posted the : Tuesday 08 March 2011 - 21:41:07

Fourth circle
Registered the : 2010-06-14

citation :
Panzerjager says :

citation :
Enigmatick says : No it fucking isn't, it's a genre of its own, it's not an umbrella term. You clearly know Nothing of the genres so stop pretending you do.

oh and for the record: all modern post-hardcore sucks ass, because they decided to add pop and electro elements and in general just fag it up a whole load, but old 90's post-hardcore is actually okay.

Contradictio intra terminis

Indeed. Gotta love Latin terms.

Last.fm: Mercenarion
Signal a abusiv message 

deathey
message posted the : Wednesday 09 March 2011 - 00:16:38

Fifth circle
Registered the : 2009-11-04

well,i think Post-hardcore,Screamo,Emocore/Emo Metal and other subgenres are just ripoff of Metalcore at it's heart...  when i'm thinking about GOOD Metalcore bands,there's no genre that can stand being as ''core'' as them...  

"It's a bad trip on a SinKing ship, when no-one seems responsible
Scapegoat to rock the boat, yeah, we need someone expendable
Volunteers to face the fears, can we be
Signal a abusiv message 

Enigmatick
message posted the : Wednesday 09 March 2011 - 00:57:08

Fifth circle
Registered the : 2010-10-26

citation :
blackhawk308 says : lol, i find it hilarious how something like this has riled you up so much. it's fucking music. lets leave it at that. it's a form of fucking punk. and thats what it is. point blank.

Well, that has Nothing to do with anything. "ITS JUST MUSIC MAN" christ, why is it that people always resort to bullshit like this?

Oh, and deathey: emo-core and "emo metal" (still not sure what that is) perhaps do take a few cues from modern melodic Metalcore, but post-hardcore and screamo CAME BEFORE Metalcore AND ARE NOT RIPPING IT OFF IN ANY WAY. Jesus shit, all it takes is a fucking wikipedia article to know this stuff. It's not subjective in any way, it's a fact according to timeline. How can you rip off what didn't exist yet?

Also, how did I contradict myself? knowledge of a genre and its progression and developments doesn't mean i like the music.

If you are a false, don't entry, or you'll be burned and died!
Signal a abusiv message 

miniradman
message posted the : Wednesday 09 March 2011 - 12:10:38

forum's admin

First circle
Registered the : 2010-08-23

citation :
Well, that has Nothing to do with anything. "ITS JUST MUSIC MAN" christ, why is it that people always resort to bullshit like this?
Can't you get the hint?

BAHAHAHAHA! woow.

mate, mate, maaate. You are a hypocrite. Because you called  me retarded when I used Wikipedia as a reference and errr.. you just used it.

and, as is Metalcore, the classic post-hardcore, screamo bands sounded totally different than the ones from today. Now people usually describe post-hardcore and screamo as softened versions of melodic metalcore. which is 100% understandable. I don't think that they are ripping off Metalcore, I think that they have branched off from Hardcore in a different direction. While post-hardcore took influences from MOSTLY punk rock music and hardcore. Metalcore has combined Extreme metal and hardcore. Also there are some post-hardcore bands that have Extreme metal/metalcore influences as well. not all post-hardcore and screamo is emo pop shit. You obviously haven't explored any of the genres deep enough. There are many types of screamo and many types of post-hardcore. Its just that there is 1 or 2 ways that seems to be more popular than the rest.
examples

extreme metal influences.

Punk Rock influences

Doom/Sludge/Ambient influences

and

Ps. You contradicted your self because you full on attempted to tell Blackhawk308 off and saying that he doesn't know shit. Then you said that "ALL modern post-hardcore/screamo has electro pop shit in it."
I facepalmed something like this when I read your comment . You have only seen the tip of the ice-berg and like many and you have misunderstood the whole genre.

Did I really have to spell that out for you?

I remember having fun once, it was terrible...
Signal a abusiv message 

1Archon1
message posted the : Wednesday 09 March 2011 - 12:28:39

Fourth circle
Registered the : 2008-12-05

Guys , guys ! What the Hell is going on here ?
I swear its like having a bunch of roosters under the same roof . The conversation is really interesting and i have been following it , but i bet it can be done without insulting each other !
And why are those guys under the rain..Someone tell them they will get pneumonia

oh he ought to be an admiral, a sultan, or a King
And to his praises we shall always sing
Look what he has done for us, he's filled us up with cheer
Lord bless Cha
Signal a abusiv message 

miniradman
message posted the : Wednesday 09 March 2011 - 12:35:42

forum's admin

First circle
Registered the : 2010-08-23

citation :
1Archon1 says : The conversation is really interesting and i have been following it , but i bet it can be done without insulting each other !

Sorry Ive tried civilized talking, but it failed.

Yeah not only will they get pneumonia, but they are ruining thousands of dollars worth of musical equipment there. 0

I remember having fun once, it was terrible...
Signal a abusiv message 

deathey
message posted the : Wednesday 09 March 2011 - 18:35:44

Fifth circle
Registered the : 2009-11-04

Enigmatick
   dude,i didn't stated as a fact that all other genres are ripoff of Metalcore,i'm just sayn' that as MY opinion  (i think i have a  right to say my opinion,don't i?!).maybe post-hardcore was created 'till Metalcore ( i was never interested with p-hardcore anyway) but for me it sounds like a ripoff of metalcore.you catch the word?!-for ME!!!-i'm not stating this as a fundamental fact for everyone,take it easy...  

"It's a bad trip on a SinKing ship, when no-one seems responsible
Scapegoat to rock the boat, yeah, we need someone expendable
Volunteers to face the fears, can we be
Signal a abusiv message 

blackhawk308
message posted the : Wednesday 09 March 2011 - 18:59:47

Fifth circle
Registered the : 2011-01-06

LOL, I'm over this bullshit, I'm tired of arguing With People! LOL, Oh well. atleast i didnt Attack someone.

"Raise your swords up High!,
See The Black Birds Fly!,
Let them hear your rage!,
Show no fear!......Attack!!!!!"
- Amon Amarth, Signal a abusiv message

Enigmatick
message posted the : Thursday 10 March 2011 - 02:28:48

Fifth circle

citation :
miniradman says :
BAHAHAHAHA! woow.

mate, mate, maaate. You are a hypocrite. Because you called  me retarded when I used Wikipedia as a reference and errr.. you just used it.

wikipedia is an interesting thing when it comes to music. When it comes to the simple facts, like when a genre was Born or what bands are generally thought to have pioneered the style, it's a decent resource. However, since most tenets of music study are opinion-based, that's really where any use of wikipedia ends. You used the opinions stated on wikipedia as fact, which is why I called you out on it. I simply double-checked it to make sure I had my dates right.

citation :
and, as is Metalcore, the classic post-hardcore, screamo bands sounded totally different than the ones from today. Now people usually describe post-hardcore and screamo as softened versions of melodic metalcore. which is 100% understandable. I don't think that they are ripping off Metalcore, I think that they have branched off from Hardcore in a different direction. While post-hardcore took influences from MOSTLY punk rock music and hardcore. Metalcore has combined Extreme metal and hardcore. Also there are some post-hardcore bands that have Extreme metal/metalcore influences as well. not all post-hardcore and screamo is emo pop shit. You obviously haven't explored any of the genres deep enough. There are many types of screamo and many types of post-hardcore. Its just that there is 1 or 2 ways that seems to be more popular than the rest.
examples ...blahblahblah long post I deleted the rest of because I didn't want to Stretch the page

I am well aware I made a sweeping generalization. Of course there are going to be loads of different bands in any style taking a plethora of influence- I was referring more to the TRENDS in post-hardcore than all of the actual bands. A bit of a blunder on my part I suppose, and I'll take the hit for that one. I kind of threw that in as an afterthought anyways, didn't really think before I sent it.

Signal a abusiv message 

Enigmatick
message posted the : Thursday 10 March 2011 - 02:32:50

Fifth circle

citation :
deathey says : Enigmatick
   dude,i didn't stated as a fact that all other genres are ripoff of Metalcore,i'm just sayn' that as MY opinion  (i think i have a  right to say my opinion,don't i?!).maybe post-hardcore was created 'till Metalcore ( i was never interested with p-hardcore anyway) but for me it sounds like a ripoff of metalcore.you catch the word?!-for ME!!!-i'm not stating this as a fundamental fact for everyone,take it easy...  

The fact that you were never interested in post-hardcore pretty much solidifies the fact that you know Nothing of the genre, so I wouldn't go out and say who they're ripping off if I were you.
Plus, the fact remains that if post-hardcore was started before Metalcore, it's Metalcore that's ripping off POST-HARDCORE, not the other way around.

Although personally, I think neither genre really ripped off the other. There was a bit of overlap here and there, yes, but for the most part the two genres went their own paths.

Wow. in both these posts I just made, I didn't swear once. Interesting.

Signal a abusiv message 

Post reply   Quick answer

Spirit of Metal Webzine © 2003-2014
site developed and maintained by Spirit of Metal Team