Thread Game: Answer the question above you
Share to Facebook Share to Myspace Share to Twitter Stumble It Email This More...

Zombie94
message posted the : Monday 09 April 2012 - 01:19:09

Fifth circle
Registered the : 2012-04-09

There is not Q that I can see so I will answer the same question Demogorefest answered.

Black Metal: Mayhem - Freezing Moon
Death Metal: Torsofuck - Raped by Elephants
Folk/Pagan: Ensiferum - One More Magic Potion
Symphonic Metal: Anything by Symphony X
Melodic Black: Never did understand this one
Traditional: Iron Maiden - Wrath Child
Doom Metal: Mourning Beloveth - The Words that Crawled
Thrash Metal: Scaphism - Pathogenic Bacteria (This ones has major Death Metal influence but is very good thrashy styling)
Industrial: Anything by Fear Factory
Not Metal: Glenn Miller - Moonlight Serenade

Q: Opinion on DIY bands?

Signal a abusiv message 

miniradman
message posted the : Monday 09 April 2012 - 02:30:25

forum's moderator

First circle
Registered the : 2010-08-23

A. DIY bands? you mean like one man bands? (or one girl bands for that matter)
If that's what you mean, I'm fine with them. Who cares if they just sit behind a computer downloading sounds from the internet. As long as the music is awesome, I don't mind. At least they're not using their computer-music making Power towards dubstep or some other gay ass electronica form of music

Q.
citation :
Opinion on DIY bands?

I'm quite curious to read what others think on this topic

I remember having fun once, it was terrible...
Signal a abusiv message 

Panzerjager
message posted the : Monday 09 April 2012 - 09:14:59

Fifth circle
Registered the : 2010-06-28

A: diy bands have always been part of metal, cfr bm bands, early dm bands or simply sole of the earlier metal bands in general. No problem with them as DIY is often part of a beginning band. However staying DIY for the sake of being punk and DIY is stupid. If a band is gaining a certain level of succes, they should be aided by roadies, record labels etc. DIY hapers development. Imagine a band like Mayhem or Nihilist/ Entmbed still doing it all by themselves. I guess they won't have had such popularity.

DIY: yes, definitly when beginning. No, when you found your twist and are growing

Ceterum censeo topicum Bathory requireram
Signal a abusiv message 

Zombie94
message posted the : Tuesday 10 April 2012 - 00:50:30

Fifth circle

As for me, I of course say DIY is awesome. I don't have to answer to anyone when it comes to MY music. I'm also in a 4 piece Grindcore band and we are constantly butting heads as Far as what to do, especially me (bass) and the guitarist. So for me I like the DIY thing because I'm free to explore music and pretty much make my band a lab rat as Far as the exploration is concerned. Now, if a label comes around that wants to put my stuff out and get me a bigger distribution I would jump on that really quick.

Q: Opinion on anti-piracy legislation?

Signal a abusiv message 

miniradman
message posted the : Tuesday 10 April 2012 - 16:00:03

forum's moderator

First circle

A. It wont work, Nothing will work, Nothing will Ever work. Unless the internet is taken Down, and even then. There's Nothing stopping me from buying a CD, copying the files onto a usb and lending that usb to 100000000 people.

Q. What are your opinions on pirate blogspots? are they killing the online music industry buy giving people easy access to free music? or are they fueling the underground scene by giving bands a good place to get their name out to the wider community?

Signal a abusiv message 

Zombie94
message posted the : Wednesday 11 April 2012 - 00:35:23

Fifth circle

In my experience they Fuel the underground and are grand advertisement. I went form 3 likes on my bands facebook page, to now 34 and I put it on only 3 blogs. As well, after the posts where made 2 people bought the album on my bandcamp page. So I say that they are good promotion.

Q: High prices on things like Reaper, Ez Drummer, etc. Is it right to charge that much and ultimately Hinder creativity, or is it right and keeps people from making countless amounts of bad music that lacks creativity?

Signal a abusiv message 

Caroline1998
message posted the : Wednesday 11 April 2012 - 17:11:50

Fifth circle
Registered the : 2012-04-11

Cleaning the lenses, for example... I already know that I have to do it, it's pretty obvious, but he still gives me the order beause he likes to Boss me around.

Signal a abusiv message 

miniradman
message posted the : Tuesday 15 May 2012 - 12:17:18

forum's moderator

First circle

citation :
Zombie94 says :
Q: High prices on things like Reaper, Ez Drummer, etc. Is it right to charge that much and ultimately Hinder creativity, or is it right and keeps people from making countless amounts of bad music that lacks creativity?

A. Well, it depends on the degree of "bad music". If the synthetic drumming is shyte (like Disfiguring The Goddess) then there wouldn't really be any point in using it. I'd say that drum machines are only good if you Push them to super-human levels. Otherwise, just use your Hands (unless you suck at everything, then you have 2 choices; 1. choose a different instrument, 2. choose a different career)

Q. 2012, anything big happening this year for anybody?

Signal a abusiv message 

InfinityZero
message posted the : Tuesday 15 May 2012 - 15:07:03

Third circle
Registered the : 2008-09-04

A: I'm seeing over 20 metal bands, including Iron Maiden, Coheed & Cambria, Morbid Angel, Kataklysm, Blackguard, Death Valley Driver and more. Most of these bands are part of a 2-day Death Metal festival coming here. Can't wait for that. I finally got myself Iron Maiden and Morbid Angel patches for my battle jacket especially for the concert I got accepted and got a scholarship to my dream university and am starting there this summer. And I plan to listen to a shitload of metal I haven't already listened to.

Q: Favourite band you've started listening to in the last year?

I do album art for bands! Send me a Message or email ctbotham@gmail.com for more info. My website: http://curtisbotham.weebly.com/
Signal a abusiv message 

AgnosticA
message posted the : Wednesday 23 May 2012 - 14:21:23

Fifth circle
Registered the : 2011-03-11

A: I'm not sure, but probably Gojira!
Q: If you were to loose one of your senses, which would you choose? Ex: smell, touch, sight etc.. you decide.

Signal a abusiv message 

Post reply   Quick answer

Spirit of Metal Webzine © 2003-2014
site developed and maintained by Spirit of Metal Team