Heavy/Power Metal >> The Heavy or Power missile you're listening to
Share to Facebook Share to Myspace Share to Twitter Stumble It Email This More...

Monday 20 June 2011 - 16:21:23
It's simple : you put here the title and the artwork of the album you're listening to, with a little description (or a large, why not ?).

At the moment, for me :

Rage - End Of All Days

A good album, I think. I like least previous discs, but never say never ! Anyway, "End of All Days" has some very good songs like "Higher than the Sky" or "Deep in the Blackest Hole"...

Wednesday 22 June 2011 - 04:10:05
missile?

Wednesday 22 June 2011 - 17:38:14

citation :
Enigmatick dit : missile?

We say that in french, not in english ? It just Means "album".

Friday 24 June 2011 - 03:22:32
ohh. You darn frenchies got me confused.

Contributing to the topic, Iron Will by Grand Magus. goddamn this thing is a beast. it's amazing how much they do with such simplicity.

Friday 24 June 2011 - 10:21:23
I'm not sure if this is Power or melodic Death Metal but this is fucking excellent. 

Dethlehem - The Ghorusalem Codex Vol I 

Friday 24 June 2011 - 16:16:26
I think it's more Melodic Death, but it's a little special .

Hell - Human Remains

Excellent singer...

Friday 24 June 2011 - 21:53:53

A recent find. This is packed full of amazing riffs.

Sunday 17 July 2011 - 10:10:29
Oh fuck yeah, I love Helstar. Nosferatu is one of my Absolute favourite all time records and they have a couple others nearly as good. Hell is great too, I really like Human Remains and its wildly theatrical NWOBHM style.

Anyway... Mercyful Fate's Don't Break The Oath. Simple godlike from start to finish. Every riff, every solo, every vocal line from King Diamond (his greatest performance ever, though MF's s/t EP comes real close) is pretty much instantly memorable and brilliant throughout. This narrowly beats out Nosferatu as my favourite lead guitar work on any metal album, ever. (Michael Denner is fucking godlike) Each song is brilliant, the Hellish, reverb-heavy production fits like a glove...

simply brilliant.

Savage Grace's Master of Disguise is a fun album too. Really speed, memorable stuff that sounds like Iron Maiden and Omen all on fucking amphetamines. The riffs are great, the vocals are wild as Hell and full of attitude, and the songs are just fun as Hell to listen to. Great stuff.

And the album art is fucking awesome in its own ridiculous way :P

Sunday 17 July 2011 - 10:35:19

Fucking great 4 track EP from this British Trad Heavy Metal band.

Saturday 06 August 2011 - 19:51:38
Accept - Restless and Wild