Nerds Central >> The Future
Share to Facebook Share to Myspace Share to Twitter Stumble It Email This More...

Sunday 25 September 2011 - 14:07:12
Scientist are facinated with the future... so I'm asking all the scientific geniuses on these forums to share their thoughts on what the future holds in terms of technological advancements.

It think within the next 20 years or so, there will be big things going on in terms of space travel. But I think i might leave it at that for now

over to you

Wednesday 04 January 2012 - 03:13:38
Well, according to Back to the Future Part II, fifteen Jaws movies will be released in the next three years lol.  But seriously, I think the advancements regarding smartphones and things of that nature will just continue to become better and better.  Some will probably incorporate some sort of 3D functionality, but I believe it's just a fad and will Die out soon after.  I think cars will also begin to show more technological advancements (and I don't mean hovercrafts lol).  GPS will probably be a standard feature in most, and other things like that.  That's my opinion anyway

Wednesday 04 January 2012 - 12:51:58
Actually, I was watching a TV show on nano technology and it featured theoretical physicist Michio Kaku (anythig with him on there is quality science). He was talking about how the computer Power over the years, increases exponentially. I don't know why, but I'm just a Tad excited to see what technology brings us in the future because its just gonna be awesome.

Wednesday 04 January 2012 - 15:52:13
I'll do a global prediction concerning technology. I have Two possible lines technology will follow:

option A: technology keeps growing until it reaches a certain point where mankind actually starts to understand that they are going to Far in certain research. A so-called glass roof will be reached. Why this view? I notice many people think that technology evolves too quick and many people can't keep up. Eventually this speed growth will be halted

option B: technology keeps growing to the absurd. Mankind will be able to things that are Unnatural ( manipulated of appearance of babies before birth etc). This could lead to either a roll-back to a certain point or completely Absurd technological emotionless community

listen to things song what I mean:

Wednesday 04 January 2012 - 22:52:43
that Michio dude is a Genius, I've seen some interviews with him and he's been considered one of the greatest minds in modern science.. We need more people like him if we are even going to HAVE a future. The only way that we'll Survive as a species is if we make advances in space travel... you can only live on one planet for so long before it's time to either Die out with it, or go out and rape another world.

Thursday 05 January 2012 - 08:54:19

citation :
Demogorefest says : that Michio dude is a Genius, I've seen some interviews with him and he's been considered one of the greatest minds in modern science.. We need more people like him if we are even going to HAVE a future. The only way that we'll Survive as a species is if we make advances in space travel... you can only live on one planet for so long before it's time to either Die out with it, or go out and rape another world.

It is nearly impossible to go colonise a new planet, even if we can travel at the speed of light. Think about the resources consumed for one scouting trip and then consider moving whole mankind to there

Friday 06 January 2012 - 01:57:50

citation :
Panzerjager says :

It is nearly impossible to go colonise a new planet, even if we can travel at the speed of light. Think about the resources consumed for one scouting trip and then consider moving whole mankind to there

I'm not the science type, but im apprehensive about all this. I dont believe mankind will move from Earth, we will be killed off somehow, rather than moved. If we were to be moved, why the fuck would you take ALL of mankind?? As you said it'd take a fuckload of resources. Why not take a couple hundred of different races. Have them in their twenties, maybe some older. Re-populate. . . It'd basically be what Panzer said, "impossible (nearly)" and "colonial". Rebuliding from the start, like the British coming into Australia in the 18th century.
Friday 06 January 2012 - 10:11:42
I think that as computers get smarter, humans will get dumber. Computers are probably one of the best creations of man kind, but at the same time the more we use them the less we use our brains. Just imagine how good scientist's Mental computation would have been pre-hand held calculator? I'm a dumbass, but arm me with a graphics calculator and I can pretty much solve any highschool level maths question.

Has anyone seen the movie idiocracy? if so, thats pretty much what I think will happen in the future. Unless we use out brains more that is...

Friday 06 January 2012 - 12:37:02

citation :
miniradman says : I think that as computers get smarter, humans will get dumber. Computers are probably one of the best creations of man kind, but at the same time the more we use them the less we use our brains. Just imagine how good scientist's Mental computation would have been pre-hand held calculator? I'm a dumbass, but arm me with a graphics calculator and I can pretty much solve any highschool level maths question.

Has anyone seen the movie idiocracy? if so, thats pretty much what I think will happen in the future. Unless we use out brains more that is...

Remember a computer is the most dumb thing ever invented: it can't do anything alone, it always need an input....

Friday 06 January 2012 - 14:53:46

citation :
Panzerjager says :

citation :
miniradman says : I think that as computers get smarter, humans will get dumber. Computers are probably one of the best creations of man kind, but at the same time the more we use them the less we use our brains. Just imagine how good scientist's Mental computation would have been pre-hand held calculator? I'm a dumbass, but arm me with a graphics calculator and I can pretty much solve any highschool level maths question.

Remember a computer is the most dumb thing ever invented: it can't do anything alone, it always need an input....

True... computers are only as smart as those who invented them. But I mean, computers/programs are taking away pretty much any need for real thinking. There are computers/programs which read books for you, do calculations for you and even parallel park for you!

Next thing you know, there will be computers who; eat for you, type for you and live life for you...