General Discussions / Chit-Chat >> TOO MANY DUMB RULES...
Share to Facebook Share to Myspace Share to Twitter Stumble It Email This More...

Getting poll results. Please wait...
Does this site have some dumb ass rules?
Yes
HELL YES!

Sunday 26 January 2014 - 03:38:58
I tried to make my 1st Ever Submission for a missing album on this site, you know trying to help, and because I just put "Elecktra instead of Elecktra Records I got penalized. WTF??  Are you serious??    Who came up with these stupid rules??

TO Hell WITH TRYING TO HELP OUT!! 

You, Mr Opeth59 can stick your correction and your rules where the sun don't SHINE and I don't mean under your armpit!!  Seriously Minus points??  Your dumbass site didn't autofill the "Elektra Records" when I typed it in.  So Richard Cranium, I guess my A-Hole isn't perfect like yours and your cohorts!

Thought this was going to be a cool site boy was I wrong!

So if this results in a warning or, Heaven forbid, a ban...so be it I didn't gain anything by being here and I sure won't be losing anything!

Sunday 26 January 2014 - 18:59:53
Wow, calm Down sir. SOM if like 20000000 millions better than any other Metal encyclopedia, you did wrong, is your fault, the rules are simple, just like your brain.

Sunday 26 January 2014 - 22:44:53
that is weird, I used to get penalized all the time (eventually lead to getting my account blocked). Normally it is corrected or something is sent to you to resolve the issue.

Monday 27 January 2014 - 05:21:15
HAHA! oh boy this was a funny read

The submissions guide clearly states that if the record label isn't already listed on the encyclopedia you have to include the word "Records". There are some examples included in the guide as well.

http://www.spirit-of-rock.com/wiki/index.php?title=Submission%27s_Index#LABELS

There aren't many rules regarding record labels to be honest. When you read a dictionary, you don't read every definition until you come across The One you want, you skip to the right section. The submissions guide is split into different sections which are listed at the top of the page.

A bit of common sense can go a long way...

Tuesday 28 January 2014 - 11:01:21

citation :
Scared1 says : that is weird, I used to get penalized all the time (eventually lead to getting my account blocked). Normally it is corrected or something is sent to you to resolve the issue.

Yep. I remember my first months in SOM. I get penalized a lot too

Tuesday 28 January 2014 - 14:23:59

citation :
Silence_Nyrst says :

citation :
Scared1 says : that is weird, I used to get penalized all the time (eventually lead to getting my account blocked). Normally it is corrected or something is sent to you to resolve the issue.

Yep. I remember my first months in SOM. I get penalized a lot too

Same here

Sunday 02 February 2014 - 19:35:11
what's this about points? I just joined this site. didn't know it was a competition. wtf?????????????????

Monday 03 February 2014 - 11:34:35

citation :
gasher says : what's this about points? I just joined this site. didn't know it was a competition. wtf?????????????????

It's not a competition?

Monday 03 February 2014 - 20:20:29
It's not so much the rules themselves that are the issue here as much as the people enforcing them (with the exception of a few admins incl Loic, the webmaster).

The Fact that all of the TOP admins are French and that most of them are not the most fluent in english (things might've changed since i left the site but idk, its been years) HAS created a major language barrier that HAS been the starting point of almost all of the Conflict between the english-speakers (many being from USA like myself) and the french admins. I'm not putting blame on the individual admins for this issue because it's not their fault that they don't know enough english to communicate effectively with us, but that's the reason why many of us have become very Fed Up and frustrated with some of the people who help run the site.

BUT YES I KNOW that one or more of the admins (I'm not going to say who) are assholes, but that's not as big of a factor. But even then, if there wasn't as big of a language barrier causing Conflict, things would be a lot better and the admins wouldn't have to go into full-blown "frustrated asshole mode".

NO I HAVE NOT RETURNED TO THE SITE. there's a 40% chance that I will Ever see any reply you make to this. I'm just giving input from my perspective in hopes that it helps the ongoing issue here.

Monday 03 February 2014 - 20:22:35
btw i do remember that being somewhat of an issue for Miniradman when he first joined the site (yes, I remember you, congrats on getting admin status, the site needs a few more like you)