Share to Facebook Share to Myspace Share to Twitter Stumble It Email This More...

Monday 12 January 2009 - 19:40:09
A topic to talk about religion. Do you have any religion or not? How do you Live and experience it? etc...

Monday 12 January 2009 - 20:48:18
I myself am not religious, but I completely Accept other peoples' religions. I understand that many people need religion in their lives, and they view it as a place of Solace and hope.

Monday 12 January 2009 - 22:47:32
I like to make fun of religion more than having one.

I guess I can say Im more agnostic, I dont really have thoughts about anything really and don't really care about getting to involved with organized religion aka "cults".
Monday 12 January 2009 - 23:56:01
I get pissed at religion because its been pressed on my in my fucking catholic school,now even the pub. school im in.
Fuck religion,pisses me off

Tuesday 13 January 2009 - 01:36:15
People always wanted to believe that there is something bigger than them,that it was not coincedence that they Live (to destroy the world) and that when they die they have a chance to go to a better place.Thats why religions were and are created.So if you really want to believe those things, you are welcomed to try.I hope that GOD exists and that all of this are part of a devine plan but i really doubt it.

Tuesday 13 January 2009 - 04:47:36
My favourite idea of religion is buddhism,cause id much rather Live Another Life then the same one for Eternity,thatd get fucking boring

Saturday 17 January 2009 - 14:56:54
I don't care about religions, as I think they were necessary for human evolution.
At the first ages of Humanity, men were so lost that religions were the natural result of their loss in a world they couldn't yet understand thanks to scientific Means, because their brains were childish and could only perceive and interpret the phenomenons in a supernatural and immature way.
But what has been dangerous is the use of religions in fanatic and supra-moral ways for Aeons, and unfortunately still actually and for worse. It's nonsense...
What is dangerous is not the idea of GOD or gods, that is universal, but the idea of religious Dogmas and ideologies, which can very be separated from the idea of GOD or gods...

As for me, I don't have any religion. I "submit to" the Ancient Greek philosophy, which is hard to define though... Ok, I may try later to do it...
I consider Athena, Apollo and Dionysos to be its three main pillars...

Monday 19 January 2009 - 20:38:54
Oops, I just saw I didn´t even have posted on my own topic.

My religion, if you can call it so, is a really personal point of view (even if it shows many aspects of other religions).
I believe in the fact that everything in the universum (even if universum sounds restrictive to me, but nevermind,...) is part of a whole. That whole has thus many different aspects. Next to that I believe that every aspects of the whole can be found in everything. To make it simple we are all little wholes part of a bigger whole.
So I believe that every mystical, religious experience is the result of the communication of the little aspects of the whole we cary, whith the same aspects of the bigger whole.
I believe that Gods are those aspects personiffied (brought in an image we can feel), with the attention of easying the communication of ourselves with the bigger whole, and thus thereby getting a better comprehension of it. So I´m now studying different Ancient myths in order to try to understand the relationship between different aspects of the whole.

I know its kinda difficult to follow, but if you need to sleep....

Tuesday 20 January 2009 - 01:41:12
i am not a very religious person but i want to believe that a more powerfull entity(call it GOD, nature, whatever you want) exists, otherwise our existence would be vain futile.the idea that i will Live 80years and then suddenly seize to exist is somehow frustrating...
its not that i am afraid of the inevitable, its just that i cannot Accept that i exist for no reason!
...hope i'm right

Saturday 31 January 2009 - 14:10:37
From my point of view, everyone of us has got two realities: the first one is our personal reality and dhe second one is the reality that flocks us together. In addition, religion has to be part of someones own reality. I totally agree that it's good to believe but we should believe in what we Desire and wish may come true, not go around and tell that 'this' or 'that' is the pure truth and there's no other way it could be. It's so irritating and foolish to do that. ...so, i would say that... in our common reality i'm an agnostic and in my personal one....well... i haven't found out yet!

Spirit of Metal Webzine 2003-2024
site developed and maintained by Spirit of Metal Team