European Mythologies >> Pagan cultures ruined by Christianity
Share to Facebook Share to Myspace Share to Twitter Stumble It Email This More...

Sunday 10 July 2011 - 16:27:15
Many European cultures like Nordic, Slavic, Celtic were ruined by Christianity. Many pagans were forced to become christians, so cultures ended up like Atlantis.

Sunday 10 July 2011 - 16:45:10
[B][COLOR="Red"]So Are You Saying Christianity Is A Bad Thing?[/COLOR][/B]

Sunday 10 July 2011 - 16:47:21
Bad thing for pagans as well as pagans are bad thing for christianity.

Sunday 10 July 2011 - 16:49:54
Exactly What Are Pagans?

Sunday 10 July 2011 - 16:51:37
I don't think it's a "bad" thing, but it can be in a side, because they were litterally imposing their way of thinking and their own believes to everyone, forced, tortured or whatever. Imposing THE only GOD believe to everyone, destroying all old traditions and saying : "Now all this is just a piece of shit, it's wrong, you have to believe what we will tell you !"

But christiannity wasnt a bad thing for all paganist, a lot of  nordic was ok with this new culture, they were integrating this new GOD in the panthéon of all their others gods. They was ok with that but at condition that they still can practice their rites and all like before.

And paganism, is literraly a polytheist culture, insteed of christiannity that is a monotheist.

Sunday 10 July 2011 - 16:57:07
I think that humans are Born like pagans, and they should stay pagans. Declaiming one and only GOD is not in Human Nature, so Pagan could be explained like free spirit, human who lives with nature and believes in nature. If you want, I think that nature is the most powerfull force in universe.

Sunday 10 July 2011 - 17:07:55

citation :
AnaGuard says : Declaiming one and only GOD is not in Human Nature

I think like you, but why not ? You mean humans NEED to believe in many gods and that they can't admit only one to be the only creator of all ?

Sunday 10 July 2011 - 17:14:58
There is one GOD and it is Nature. People just named many sides of nature, so we have so many gods. Budha, Jesus, Allah, that's all the same. But, it's just one God.

I think that all these religions weren't "created" for people, they're most of the time against people. Wars, innocent victims.

I am Orthodox Christian, but I believe in all traditional stuffs known as superstition.

Sunday 10 July 2011 - 17:40:36
For me religion have been created by human, naturally for explain, understand the environment around them. How can you explain sky, Thunder, Rain, snow, sea when you dont know sciences and all ? Then it's about different way of thinking, judaism, christianism and islamism is about the believe in old text that mention one GOD to be the creator of Earth, nature, sky and human race. With that they had more declinaison, for christians, Jesus was The One announced into a prophecy, he is the son of GOD, for judaism or islamism its something other (i dont know what) but they all are into the same point, it's all about one GOD named: GOD, then you got some other cultures, one of them is paganism and they believe into a GOD for each part of the earth. Romans (before christianism) had their own pantheon of gods (inspirated by greek) and so Neptune is the GOD who created sea and oceans, Mars is GOD of war etc.. Nordic and Celtic too (with their own gods and rites)all this is about what each people believe into ! and Christianny was imposing to all their believes. it's what I don't like with that, I don't think anyone got the right to impose you whatever, personally i'm athéeist, but by Fact because im french i'm christians, Im very interested of cultures and religions and would love to know more about my ancestor, I know about celtic that they were very close of natures, druids were their mentor..i dont know very much, hopefully we got some Asterix et Obelix to read 

edit : I don't know what were the first humans into, but like you said, i think they all borned paganist, because it was the main culture of everybody, every Nation before religion cames up.

Sunday 10 July 2011 - 17:45:21
"I don't think anyone got the right to impose you whatever"

I agree.