Discussions about Music >> Music Style (Help)
Share to Facebook Share to Myspace Share to Twitter Stumble It Email This More...

Tuesday 04 November 2014 - 21:53:48

Hello everyone

I'm little puzzled over some styles of music on this beautiful site
I understand what is 'Gothic Black' and that! but I'm want to learn what is 'Heavy Thrash' 'Speed Heavy' 'Heavy Death' 'Viking Black' these are styles that Spirit use's and no other sites use? but The One I would love to know more about (I'm getting different things ) is 'Heavy Rock'

If someone could help me out, that be great

Tuesday 04 November 2014 - 23:02:55

If 'heavy' is used in sub-genre title I assume it's a blend of traditional heavy Metal (Black Sabbath, Judas Priest, AC/DC) and the other genre. Heavy Rock must mean 'hard rock', so stuff like Led Zeppelin, or later Black Sabbath. Viking black would be Viking Metal bands with Closer ties to the extremes of black Metal than a regular Viking Metal band would be--I would say Windir and earlier Bathory would be examples of that.

Wednesday 05 November 2014 - 12:31:33

I'll try to help as best as possible.  Heavy Thrash style, you might have in mind Trash Metal ... A little help, what I managed to ferrets out on the internet.

Thrash metal is much faster offshoot of heavy metal. Its characteristic feature is especially aggressive sound of the guitar and singing and delivering hardcore punk influences into the metal.

Thrash metal
is based on a fast pace, fast or complicated rhythmically chopped guitar riffs, sometimes in the background guitar solos. Now speed and rugged rhythmic structure of the songs is what commonly defines thrash metal. It also features a fast, intense drumming (thrash drummers often use double pedal drums).

Speed ??will probably Speed ??Heavy Metal :

Speed ??metal is a loosely defined sub??-genre of heavy metal music that originated in the late 70s with roots in the NWOBHM ( New Wave Of British Heavy Metal) and hardcore punk. Allmusic describes it as "extremely fast, rugged and technically demanding" music.

The structure of the songs is similar to the traditional heavy metal, but has a faster tempo and rhythm speedmetal's many groups can seemingly fall into the same category with thrashmetal's and powermetal's groups. This is mainly due to the influence of speed metal to the development of these genres. Also, many Japanese groups from the 80s can be described as speedmetal's, mainly due to the success of X JAPAN.

Heavy Death
could this be a relative or his version:

Death metal is very difficult to define precisely, most of the bands playing death metal is influenced by other styles or plays right combination of several styles. May contain coarse or dark texts on death as nihilistic metaphor (which is not true in all cases) or on topics such brutality, satanism, politics or feelings of hopelessness.

The songs do not have a fixed structure, instead the emphasis is on developing themes. Genre is often connected with
is flat, technically demanding guitars, fast beats, vigor and complicated rhythms. Due to greater fury used extremely fast drums. Singing mostly consists of grunting, growling and babbling, English called "death grunts" or growling. Sometimes it is also screaming. It is sometimes called the "throat singing".

And Viking Black Metal
will compound Viking Metal and Black Metal:

Viking metal is one of the subgenres of metal music. This is actually the medieval conception of metal, which affects both the lyrics and the music itself. Performed by a group mainly from Northern Europe - Norway, Sweden, Finland. Musicians find inspiration in national history and intricate Nordic myths, which frequently appear in texts. Viking metal is therefore also close to paganism and folklore. It is therefore related to other age metal the genre pagan metal and folk metal, inspired by the history and folklore of the country in which they are incurred.

For the first viking metal band is most commonly known group Bathory, in which the significant influence but also of black metal and thrash metal. For viking metal albums can be considered such. Blood on Ice, Nordland Nordland I and II.

Musically often draws viking metal from old Scandinavian folk songs. Mainly used their typical rhythm. Tracks tend to be epic. In addition to conventional metal instruments (electric guitar, bass and drums) also uses keys and various other traditional, but often somewhat quaint folk musical instruments. Singing is rather "clean", but can also use metal growls.

The lyrics are
thematically set in the environment Scandinavia in the Viking period. So sings about adventure, sea voyages, battles and exuberant celebrations. There are often gods, characters and places from Norse mythology, which also serves as the band name.
Group members are often stylized characters Vikings, whether clothing or wearing armor and weapons (sword, shield, ax). An example of such stylization can be a group of Tyr.

A Heavy Rock style you'll have to think about Hard Rock:

Hard rock is a style of music based on rock and roll, the roots of which comes from the garage and blues-rock (reported and psychedelic rock) early 60s. The term is used as an "umbrella" for styles like punk and grunge, unlike pop-rock, played on the radio. Characteristic is distorted (power distorted) sound of electric guitars, bass and drums.

Hard Rock is a term often applied to more styles of rock music, which are deviations "radio" pop rock and just generally follow this style. For example, punk rock, which uses a faster pace and less chords (also forcefully deformed) and the grunge style that combines punk rock with heavy metal.

The most commonly used five-point scale Musical typical blues. Unlike traditional rock and roll, which takes elements from classic blues, hard rock uses elements of British blues, which has a faster rhythm and in which use more modern instruments such as electric guitars (lead and backing) and bass guitar, drums and sometimes keyboards .

Perhaps you these infomace help, most of the information I have sought through an Internet browser Google. If so let me know if it was something useful.

Wednesday 05 November 2014 - 21:53:35

Thanks you very much guys, this helps a lot

ps: Curtis - brilliant website & drawings/photos

Wednesday 05 November 2014 - 23:18:16

You're welcome!

Also, woah, thanks a lot! I hoped that someone would click that link and commission me to do album art, so it's cool to know you Saw my site :D Thank you!