Last Seen
Share to Facebook Share to Myspace Share to Twitter Stumble It Email This More...

Mercenarion
message posted the : Sunday 26 February 2012 - 23:27:01

Fourth circle
Registered the : 2010-06-14

citation :
InfinityZero says : Okay, third movie seen in a row that's Japanese:

I've heard a lot about this. I'm already interested in watching it knowing that Studio Ghibli is behind it.

Last.fm: Mercenarion
Signal a abusiv message 

InfinityZero
message posted the : Monday 27 February 2012 - 13:17:43

Third circle
Registered the : 2008-09-04

citation :
Mercenarion says :

citation :
InfinityZero says : Okay, third movie seen in a row that's Japanese:

I've heard a lot about this. I'm already interested in watching it knowing that Studio Ghibli is behind it.

Studio Ghibli AND Hayao Miyazaki. And it shows. By the way, the dubbing is quite good, especially the Voice actress for Arrietty who really impressed me. And I gotta say, the music--it's all celtic-sounding harps and guitar, and it sounds REALLY good. Go see it; it's really a breath of fresh air compared to all the riff-raff they're putting in theatres these days.

Signal a abusiv message 

rockadelic
message posted the : Thursday 22 March 2012 - 15:37:26

Fifth circle
Registered the : 2011-02-11

By [URL=http://profile.imageshack.us/user/blackglove]blackglove at 2012-03-21

Signal a abusiv message 

ryan5
message posted the : Saturday 07 April 2012 - 01:24:26

Fifth circle
Registered the : 2009-06-19

Watched 88 minutes last night featuring Al Pacino. I thought it was a rather good movie, especially because i like Mystery thrillers.

"I Wish I had that AR-15 in here, then I could probably get out.....I don't like being locked up, it's not very nice."

-Martin Bryant, after the Port Arthur Signal a abusiv message

InfinityZero
message posted the : Saturday 07 April 2012 - 21:55:02

Third circle

citation :
ryan5 says : Watched 88 minutes last night featuring Al Pacino. I thought it was a rather good movie, especially because i like Mystery thrillers.

OH GOD I REMEMBER THAT MOVIE.

...thought it was horrible.
TICK TOCK TOCK

What The Fuck is that?

I last Saw this:

This film gets bonus points for having such a fucking awesome cover.
It's a mid-50s French horror movie that predates many of Hitchbock's well-known thrillers, and almost tops some of them. More of a thriller than outright horror as many fans claim it to be, but still very good.

Ryan5, if you like thrillers, watch this thing. It's awesome.
AND I MEAN WATCH THE ORIGINAL NOT THE REMAKE ASDFSDG

Signal a abusiv message 

ryan5
message posted the : Sunday 08 April 2012 - 12:06:57

Fifth circle

citation :
InfinityZero says :

citation :
ryan5 says : Watched 88 minutes last night featuring Al Pacino. I thought it was a rather good movie, especially because i like Mystery thrillers.

OH GOD I REMEMBER THAT MOVIE.

...thought it was horrible.
TICK TOCK TOCK 

Why did you think it was horrible? Considering how old Pacino is now i though he did a rather good job, and i thought the plot was pretty good. It gave you subtle hints, but NoNe too conclusive.

"I Wish I had that AR-15 in here, then I could probably get out.....I don't like being locked up, it's not very nice."

InfinityZero
message posted the : Sunday 08 April 2012 - 17:16:09

Third circle

My main reason for disliking 88 Minutes so much is that it was incredibly dumb, like it was trying to cash in on the Saw craze without being creative. That's right, I thought the movie was incredibly uncreative. I've seen very similar plots in a lot of Hitchcock films. Only difference is that 88 Minutes is very emotionally-distant. I could care less about the cardboard-cutout characters. I didn't feel in suspense at any one point in the movie. When you asked me to say why I didn't like this movie I had to think pretty hard. Not because it was hard to think of bad things in this movie, but because it was so forgettable I could hardly remember anything except that Al Pacino likes to run. Also the script is pretty frigging bad.

All Al Pacino did in this movie was talk in a loud Voice or look like he was falling asleep.

Signal a abusiv message 

ryan5
message posted the : Monday 09 April 2012 - 02:14:57

Fifth circle

citation :
InfinityZero says : My main reason for disliking 88 Minutes so much is that it was incredibly dumb, like it was trying to cash in on the Saw craze without being creative. That's right, I thought the movie was incredibly uncreative. I've seen very similar plots in a lot of Hitchcock films. Only difference is that 88 Minutes is very emotionally-distant. I could care less about the cardboard-cutout characters. I didn't feel in suspense at any one point in the movie. When you asked me to say why I didn't like this movie I had to think pretty hard. Not because it was hard to think of bad things in this movie, but because it was so forgettable I could hardly remember anything except that Al Pacino likes to run. Also the script is pretty frigging bad.

All Al Pacino did in this movie was talk in a loud Voice or look like he was falling asleep.

Hmm, well that was a pretty definitive answer. You seem to have a good knowledge on films. I just watch whatever. I'll have to check out that film you suggested.

InfinityZero
message posted the : Monday 09 April 2012 - 15:46:14

Third circle

citation :
ryan5 says :
Hmm, well that was a pretty definitive answer. You seem to have a good knowledge on films. I just watch whatever. I'll have to check out that film you suggested.

Well, my opinion on 88 Minutes isn't exclusive to me--I think that movie was considered one of the worst movies of 2007. And fucking Meet the Spartans came out that year.

If you want some good thrillers, you should just ask

Signal a abusiv message 

ryan5
message posted the : Tuesday 10 April 2012 - 03:12:50

Fifth circle

citation :
InfinityZero says : 

If you want some good thrillers, you should just ask

Righto then. What do you suggest?

Post reply   Quick answer

Spirit of Metal Webzine © 2003-2014
site developed and maintained by Spirit of Metal Team