Syphilic >> Interview with Brian from Syphilic ( 2nd )
Share to Facebook Share to Myspace Share to Twitter Stumble It Email This More...

Saturday 28 April 2012 - 05:57:11
Interview with Brian from Syphilic

1. hey brian!! i'm happy today that i get to interview you for one of the sickest bands around recently syphilic!! first of all,you are vocalist for Mutilated and gutrot!! what's going on with those Two bands as of right now? and why did you start this project?
Mutilated is breaking in our new drummer and about to start setting up a tour... Gutrot is drummerless but we might have some fuck from cali come out for a month to write and record...I didnt really start the project, it just kinda happened... i had about 20 something songs that ive written wasted and a good friend told me im a Lazy ass... i am a Lazy ass, but it would be cool to acually put it out...

2. describe syphilic's sound for us! and why the name syphilic?
I don't know, I think Syphilic sounds cool... plus STDs are dam funny. The sound... hmm, its odd time and heavy at the same time, at least that what I think...

3. you must be a really talented person being that you handle all the instruments for the band!! some bands have being doing that recently like insidious decrephancy and Putrid pile!! how are you able to do all that?
I suck pussy at guitar (not in a good way), but i have protools so i can record in parts and make it sound good. And no, i never said i was the best at guitar... or anywhere near, ill stick to saying im the worst. I know how drums work, and I know how odd time signatures work...plus I love alcohol, which is where the writing Ideas come from.

4. you have really Killer vocals!!! i can't even compare your sound to others. you gotta be one of the sickest vocalist in the scene.what vocalists influence you?
My old guitar player in Gutrot Jon influenced me...saying things like "disgorge it tonight"... um, ok ill try...

5. you Hail from michigan and it's produced such bands as Saprogenic,Mutilated, Gutrot, and pathogenic dysentery.any other new sick bands from michigan that you would like to mension?
Sadomasachism, but theyre from the other side of the state... Michigan has some cool bands... not just death metal... but theres some dam good technical Hardcore coming out of here... if you care or not.

6. you have any plans for releasing Syphilic stuff in the future?
Yes, im half done recording my "full length"...

7. you have any plans for releasing new Gutrot shit in the near future or as of now are you concerating on syphilic? what influences you when it comes to writing songs, creating Brutal riffs, bass parts and etc.
I do Syphilic on my time and it doesnt counteract with Mutilated or Gutrot...Gutrot may have a recording by September if everything goes right... Brutal riffs, hahaha. Glad you think so.

8. what have you been listening to lately, any sick new bands from the underground that you want to share with us?
YES, Orchidectomy from Canada GOD damn blew me away,i met the cuntface bass player/vocalist at the Maryland Death Fest this year and got some demos...check them out now... www.myspace.com/orchidectomy... they probably have a site,but that shit just plays them as soon as you go to it.

9. how has the response been to the Two songs that are up on net?
Pretty dam good... suprising. The recording wasnt that great though... next one will be better, but still probably not that great.

10. will you have some merch anytime soon?
Yea probably logo shirts, pins, CDs, maybe hoodies...

11. you have heard of JPDM and the bands in that scene correct? there's not > much bands that play Brutal music, but some people do play Brutal shit.band's like Vomit Remnants and disconformity. what's your opinion for getting the scene better and more brutal?
I dont know, it just kinda goes the way it goes... I think its getting more brutal though too... but theres no instruction manual on it. I heard disconformity has some new shit out but i have yet to hear it... cant wait.and vomit remnants, their new 2005 is fuckin cool... taka sounds different on vocals,not bad, just different

12. ok last question, whats the main reason you listen to and play brutal death metal?
It just makes me happy.