General Chat
Share to Facebook Share to Myspace Share to Twitter Stumble It Email This More...

Zombie94
message posted the : Terça-feira 10 Abril 2012 - 01:03:39

Fifth circle
Registered the : 2012-04-09

Hahaha, fuck man. I tell you I support stopping piracy of music, simply because, if a band spends 10 dollars to make an album, and they make only 5 dollars selling that album, then they have to find 5 more dollars to make the next album. If say piracy doesn't exist and the spends 10 dollars and makes 15, then they not only have money for a new album, but perhaps some merch or other cool shit.

Now of course those small dollar amounts are not accurate but if you have half a brain you should understand what I have said.

On the other side, I do not support laws that allow the government to destroy a site on some bulgus claim. Much like megaupload, I understand that the megaupload case was a 2 year investigation and they where heavily used for piracy much like every other major file hoster. But simply destroying a sight and imprisoning it's administration, especially when the administration are not United States citizens, is just wrong.

Signal a abusiv message 

Scared1
message posted the : Terça-feira 17 Abril 2012 - 20:18:39

Fifth circle
Registered the : 2012-02-19

check out this kid!

Signal a abusiv message 

InfinityZero
message posted the : Sexta-feira 20 Abril 2012 - 02:36:45

Third circle
Registered the : 2008-09-04

citation :
Zombie94 says : Hahaha, fuck man. I tell you I support stopping piracy of music, simply because, if a band spends 10 dollars to make an album, and they make only 5 dollars selling that album, then they have to find 5 more dollars to make the next album. If say piracy doesn't exist and the spends 10 dollars and makes 15, then they not only have money for a new album, but perhaps some merch or other cool shit.

You seem to be forgetting that bands make a small fraction of the sale price--the stores and brand names are the ones making the cash. The bands make minor commissions. Also, it is the record company promoters who Decide to make the merch and they do it based on sales including those on the net. Aside from that, many bands when starting out care much more about distributing than making cash (Metallica and about a billion other metal bands gave away free demo tapes to everyone passing by, to their friends, family, fans, etc) and usually profit only matters when they Sign to a bigger label. And as a metalhead you probably know that great albums can be produced with a virtually non-existant production budget. Besides, internet downloading is great because it is a competitor for stores that sell CDs and DVDs for Insane prices. Remember when DVDs were, like, $30 a pop? And CDs were $20? It's not that way anymore because of the downloading as competition results in stores having to lower their profit margin. They can't scam the masses anymore; they're losing grip on how much they can charge a consumer. These are good things.

I do album art for bands! Send me a Message or email ctbotham@gmail.com for more info. My website: http://curtisbotham.weebly.com/
Signal a abusiv message 

miniradman
message posted the : Sexta-feira 20 Abril 2012 - 09:13:01

forum's moderator

First circle
Registered the : 2010-08-23

citation :
InfinityZero says :
You seem to be forgetting that bands make a small fraction of the sale price--the stores and brand names are the ones making the cash. The bands make minor commissions. Also, it is the record company promoters who Decide to make the merch and they do it based on sales including those on the net. Aside from that, many bands when starting out care much more about distributing than making cash (Metallica and about a billion other metal bands gave away free demo tapes to everyone passing by, to their friends, family, fans, etc) and usually profit only matters when they Sign to a bigger label. And as a metalhead you probably know that great albums can be produced with a virtually non-existant production budget. Besides, internet downloading is great because it is a competitor for stores that sell CDs and DVDs for Insane prices.

Not to mention how easily it is for people in remote places in the world can access underground music as long as they have access to the internet. Also, thanks to social networking sites such as; myspace, facebook, google buzz (who uses google buzz anyway...), etc, this is 1000000x easier than it was back in The Stone ages when Metallica released their first demos. Also! blogspots, wordpresses, torrent sites, online music forums increase the ease of obtaining music farther, no matter if a band is adored my millions of fanns across the globe, or a small time local band with a few fans here and there. Big time record labels and stores will, in The End, lose out... they charge way too much, but give way too little and there is already evidence that networks like: total Deathcore, the last Disaster, music for the masses, djentlemen's club, duckcore, MINIRADMAN will End up overtaking the big Power & money hungry companies and render them moot.

citation :
Remember when DVDs were, like, $30 a pop? And CDs were $20? It's not
that way anymore because of the downloading as competition results in
stores having to lower their profit margin. They can't scam the masses
anymore; they're losing grip on how much they can charge a consumer.
These are good things.

WHAT!? I still have to pay $40 bucks for a CD (thats right, not a DVD a CD!) at the store... and they wonder why I perfer to download my music

I remember having fun once, it was terrible...
Signal a abusiv message 

Zombie94
message posted the : Sábado 21 Abril 2012 - 00:22:43

Fifth circle

citation :
InfinityZero says :

citation :
Zombie94 says : Hahaha, fuck man. I tell you I support stopping piracy of music, simply because, if a band spends 10 dollars to make an album, and they make only 5 dollars selling that album, then they have to find 5 more dollars to make the next album. If say piracy doesn't exist and the spends 10 dollars and makes 15, then they not only have money for a new album, but perhaps some merch or other cool shit.

You seem to be forgetting that bands make a small fraction of the sale price--the stores and brand names are the ones making the cash. The bands make minor commissions. Also, it is the record company promoters who Decide to make the merch and they do it based on sales including those on the net. Aside from that, many bands when starting out care much more about distributing than making cash (Metallica and about a billion other metal bands gave away free demo tapes to everyone passing by, to their friends, family, fans, etc) and usually profit only matters when they Sign to a bigger label. And as a metalhead you probably know that great albums can be produced with a virtually non-existant production budget. Besides, internet downloading is great because it is a competitor for stores that sell CDs and DVDs for Insane prices. Remember when DVDs were, like, $30 a pop? And CDs were $20? It's not that way anymore because of the downloading as competition results in stores having to lower their profit margin. They can't scam the masses anymore; they're losing grip on how much they can charge a consumer. These are good things.

I speak in terms of do it your GOD damn self. Why should I Sacrifice the pay I would recieve to a company that does Nothing more then what I could do myself. Now, I can't do professional pressing or professional recordings and have no Means of huge promotion, but these seem to be the only things that major companies really do for you. Otherwise it's just a vanity thing.

I would rather record my music myself with no other input, and Sacrifice quality then to have some jack I just met make all the decisions. If anything I would go with a Net Label like Torn Flesh Records and a small time D.I.Y. label to do physical CD's for out of the U.S. like Face Down Ass Up Records. Trust me when I say, I have no interest in major record companies.

Signal a abusiv message 

ryan5
message posted the : Terça-feira 24 Abril 2012 - 13:58:21

Fifth circle
Registered the : 2009-06-19

Righto buckos, time to digress.

This may seem like a stupid, dumb fuck question. Is music quality better on vinyl, if so what are good players to buy?

I have found 5 vinyls i would like to buy:

Carcass - Necriticism - discanting the Insalubrious

Opeth - Ghost reveries (sadly thats out of my price range. $60 bucks plus postage, fuck that)

Bloodbath - The Fathomless mastery (again expensive)

Children of bodom - Blooddrunk & Are you dead yet?

"I Wish I had that AR-15 in here, then I could probably get out.....I don't like being locked up, it's not very nice."

-Martin Bryant, after the Port Arthur Signal a abusiv message

Demogorefest
message posted the : Sexta-feira 27 Abril 2012 - 00:51:08

Fifth circle
Registered the : 2009-05-10

gonna get my hair chopped off in a couple days...

Shit yeah!... Shit no, No One likes shit!
Signal a abusiv message 

Panzerjager
message posted the : Sexta-feira 27 Abril 2012 - 13:29:03

Fifth circle
Registered the : 2010-06-28

citation :
Demogorefest says : gonna get my hair chopped off in a couple days...

Why?

Ceterum censeo topicum Bathory requireram
Signal a abusiv message 

Zombie94
message posted the : Sexta-feira 27 Abril 2012 - 15:02:17

Fifth circle

To answer Ryan, vinyl only give a nostalgic feel. There really is no quality difference.

Signal a abusiv message 

miniradman
message posted the : Sábado 28 Abril 2012 - 13:27:55

forum's moderator

First circle
Registered the : 2010-08-23

citation :
Demogorefest says : gonna get my hair chopped off in a couple days...

Then you won't be able to windmill

When you mean chopped off, do you mean a quick snip, a light trim, or skinhead?

I remember having fun once, it was terrible...
Signal a abusiv message 

Post reply   Quick answer

Spirit of Metal Webzine © 2003-2014
site developed and maintained by Spirit of Metal Team