Video Gaming >> Favourite Horror Games
Share to Facebook Share to Myspace Share to Twitter Stumble It Email This More...

Tuesday 26 July 2011 - 08:24:45
What are the creepiest, nastiest most gut wrenching games you have ever played?
(not the goriest)

Tuesday 26 July 2011 - 08:46:37
Dead Space was pretty good in terms of horror.

Apparently Amnesia: Dark Descent is batshit scary, though I haven't played it. Having heard people say it is literally scary makes me want to play it even more.

Tuesday 26 July 2011 - 18:24:07
Way back when I decided to try out Resident Evil, the Gamecube remake.

It took a while to finish it because I kept getting goose bumps, after I got it done then I became on of my most favorite games.

Silent Hill 3, when I finally got a PS2. For obvious reasons I guess.

Tuesday 26 July 2011 - 22:44:13

citation :
Mercenarion says :
Apparently Amnesia: Dark Descent is batshit scary, though I haven't played it. Having heard people say it is literally scary makes me want to play it even more.

I'm not too sure what is so scary about that game. The Monsters look like Pokemon and the setting reminds me of Elder Scrolls. I think it might be the atmosphere itself that made it so scary.

Out of all the games I've played. Only one game, has truely given me nightmares (when I was 10 years old) and that game was Silent Hill 4. I've never played silent hill 3 but number 4 is officially the scariest thing I've ever played. The atmosphere is scary, the storyline is quite long and dark. But the dialogue is somewhat cheesey. It's those damn ghosts that give me the creeps. They sound like vaccum cleaners and cannot Die, they come through walls and the same ghosts can reappear multipul times.

(this is funny because look at the fence )

Tuesday 26 July 2011 - 22:53:45
One day I should play Silent Hill in the middle of the night while blasting The Axis of Perdition's discography

It would be perfect.

Wednesday 27 July 2011 - 12:11:42

citation :
Mercenarion says : One day I should play Silent Hill in the middle of the night while blasting The Axis of Perdition's discography

It would be perfect.

Do it at your own Risk

Wednesday 27 July 2011 - 18:09:35

citation :
miniradman says :

citation :
Mercenarion says :

I'm not too sure what is so scary about that game. The Monsters look like Pokemon and the setting reminds me of Elder Scrolls. I think it might be the atmosphere itself that made it so scary.

Out of all the games I've played. Only one game, has truely given me nightmares (when I was 10 years old) and that game was Silent Hill 4. I've never played silent hill 3 but number 4 is officially the scariest thing I've ever played. The atmosphere is scary, the storyline is quite long and dark. But the dialogue is somewhat cheesey. It's those damn ghosts that give me the creeps. They sound like vaccum cleaners and cannot Die, they come through walls and the same ghosts can reappear multipul times.

It's not the Monsters in Amnesia that make the game scary, but the feeling of being chased with Nothing to defend yourself. Actually, you don't even see them from up close very often because the game discourages getting a good look at whatever is after you. I don't even know what the sewer monster looks like because I start running each time I hear it from afar.

Sillent Hill 4, really? It made me scream, but from frustration, not fear. The ghosts and all are scary at first but after some time playing they get become just repetitive and annoying. Not to mention the tedious Fact that you always have to go back to the room so you keep travelling back and forth. The combat system and movements were terribly slow and the mouse sensivity was so low that I had to slide it multiple times to be able to turn around.

Thursday 28 July 2011 - 02:04:49
Bioshock, FEAR 2 (that was scaryyy), and Bioshock (not necessarily scary but it really got my adrenaline going at full blast, but the part where i was watching that crazy plastic surgeon was pretty Vile)

Friday 29 July 2011 - 13:35:12

citation :
emofreak33 says : Bioshock (not necessarily scary but it really got my adrenaline going at full blast, but the part where i was watching that crazy plastic surgeon was pretty Vile)

Have you played Bioshock 2? that, in my opinion is much more Intense then Bioshock 1 because this time, you get to play as the big daddy for the whole game and there are a tonne of new powerups/ablilities/ect available. It's just awesome when you can take control of more than 1 enemy and just have a huge battle in a SinKing city...it's just sheer awesomeness

citation :
Sillent Hill 4, really? It made me scream, but from frustration, not fear.
The ghosts and all are scary at first but after some time playing they
get become just repetitive and annoying. Not to mention the tedious Fact
that you always have to go back to the room so you keep travelling back
and forth. The combat system and movements were terribly slow and the
mouse sensivity was so low that I had to slide it multiple times to be
able to turn around.

Well, I played it when I was Ten (I think) but it was those ghosts that scared me. You cannot Kill them and they pop out anywhere in the map. They gave me nightmares for over a couple of months because the hallway in my house reminds me of subway world . But now... I can take it

Saturday 30 July 2011 - 03:07:26

citation :
miniradman says :

citation :
emofreak33 says : Bioshock (not necessarily scary but it really got my adrenaline going at full blast, but the part where i was watching that crazy plastic surgeon was pretty Vile)

Have you played Bioshock 2? that, in my opinion is much more Intense then Bioshock 1 because this time, you get to play as the big daddy for the whole game and there are a tonne of new powerups/ablilities/ect available. It's just awesome when you can take control of more than 1 enemy and just have a huge battle in a SinKing city...it's just sheer awesomeness

citation :
Sillent Hill 4, really? It made me scream, but from frustration, not fear.
The ghosts and all are scary at first but after some time playing they
get become just repetitive and annoying. Not to mention the tedious Fact
that you always have to go back to the room so you keep travelling back
and forth. The combat system and movements were terribly slow and the
mouse sensivity was so low that I had to slide it multiple times to be
able to turn around.

Well, I played it when I was Ten (I think) but it was those ghosts that scared me. You cannot Kill them and they pop out anywhere in the map. They gave me nightmares for over a couple of months because the hallway in my house reminds me of subway world . But now... I can take it

They're both great, but a little different. Bioshock 2 was more about huge and long battles, respawning enemies, etc. Since I'm not a big fan of those noisy shooters, I prefered the first one.

Now, that's why children shouldn't play horror games. I was 8 or 9 years old when I played the first Resident Evil and I was seeing bloody zombies coming from the closet and from under the bed at night. You should try the other Silent Hill games, at least I find them much better. Silent Hill 4 was not supposed to belong to these series, but to new ones. They decided to include it afterwards because they feared the new series wouldn't be successful. It makes the "original" Silent Hill games pretty much different than this one. But you might like them also.