General Discussions / Chit-Chat >> Epic folk/pagan metal?
Share to Facebook Share to Myspace Share to Twitter Stumble It Email This More...

Friday 21 November 2014 - 19:53:11

Hi there, does anyone knows some good pagan/folk bands with clear vocals (for example similar to Dutch Omnia), growling also acceptable, but it must be worth it xD Thanx for all replies in advance

Saturday 22 November 2014 - 00:51:51

PRIMORDIAL! They are the top of the food chain in folk/viking metal. Listen to the songs The Puritan's Hand, No Grave Deep Enough, Heathen Tribes, and Traitor's Gate. Here:

Also, BRAN BARR! They're a lot more folk-oriented than Primordial. Although a lot of their vocals are growls, they have a lot of clean vocals as well. Listen to this song:

Those Two are my favourite folk/viking Metal bands. I Hope this helps! Be sure to let me know what you think.

Sunday 23 November 2014 - 13:48:33

Thanx much, i know about Primordial from Brutal Assault festival which i visit almost every year and they were awesome, but i Forgot them since that fest and the Bran Barr - Hell yeah nice ass kicking folk Metal, just exactly what i was looking for xD thx once more, it helped :D

Sunday 23 November 2014 - 17:35:43

Good, glad that helped! I thought you might be really into Bran Barr as they use a lot of unique folk instruments like bodhran drums and bombard flutes and things. Listen to their second album, "Sidh"--that's the really good one that the song is from, and probably one of my favourite folk Metal albums. They do have a lot of growled vocals though.

Assuming you don't mind growls, there's always Negura Bunget as well, who only sing clean on occasion but use a Ton of folk instruments.

Also, incredibly jealous that you got to see Primordial. They're one of my favourite bands.

Monday 24 November 2014 - 18:55:39

I don't know too much within this genre, but these are a few bands which I think you may like

Simargl (Russia)

Nine Treasures (China)
These guys are really good, they play folk Metal and incorporate Mongolian folk instruments

Tuesday 25 November 2014 - 07:59:56

Romanian Negurā Bunget is nice for listening, their album om was full of various melodies n moods, i also liked russian simargl very much, because their native singing which is little Closer to me than usual english Pagan bands, Nine Treasures - their oriental coverage also interesting, so thanks to you all for your tips

Friday 10 April 2020 - 22:48:32

I suggest you Arkona they are my favorite pagan band out there, the singer is absolutely insane, she can growl, do clean voice, has a really wide range of vocals ! Also the band, Faun, Heilung, Moonsorrow