Thrash Metal >> Destruction: your favorite CD &/or Song,
Share to Facebook Share to Myspace Share to Twitter Stumble It Email This More...

Friday 03 June 2011 - 23:56:03
record - Sentence of Death
song - Cracked Brain

Saturday 04 June 2011 - 20:05:34
As most of you know, I'm a die-hard Destruction fan, so it's kinda hard for me to pick favorites.
Out of the albums, I think I'd pick either Release from Agony or Eternal Devastation. Release from Agony is pure Thrash, the riffs are catchy as Hell there, the drumming is amazing, and Schmiers Voice sounds especially great there. I think that this album is the highlight of his voice. Our Oppression has a great solo, probably the best in the album.
Eternal Devastation is one of their best albums. It's Thrash at its best. The riffs and the solos are wonderful, especially in Life Without Sense and Curse the Gods.

Favorite songs....well, MAD Butcher, Release from Agony, Total Disaster, Our Oppression, Curse the Gods, Thrash Till Death, Nailed to the Cross, Devolution, Survive to Die....and a lot more.

Saturday 04 June 2011 - 22:41:06
Infernal Overkill is their best album to me on a pure songwriting level. The album is filled with classic tunes, but it peaks with the Savage Power of both "Bestial Invasion" and "Thrash Attack". Release From Agony is probably the second best; it's definitely their most technical record from the 80's, and it's filled with some absolutely fantastic songs. The riffs are sharp and well written, the lead guitar is outstanding, and Schmier's vocals were dead on.

I'm not a huge fan of the production with the more modern records with the exception of the Thrash Anthems comp (which sounds Far FAR better than Destruction's early LPs... Seriously, Destruction always got boned on that count. Sodom and Kreator had raw production jobs but the difference is that they fit and didn't muffle the songs up). The Antichrist is probably my favourite record from their comeback efforts.

Sunday 05 June 2011 - 21:02:16
Guys... what did you think of their last album Day of Reckoning?

Wednesday 08 June 2011 - 03:49:11
listened to D.E.V.O.L.U.T.I.O.N. , Sentence of Death , & Thrash Anthems today.  i liked the concept of a compilation cd where instead of all of the songs were remastered they were redone.  i think these 3 are my favorites 
like Psycho i am a huge fan or at least one that has been around since Sentence of death and has appreciated thjeir brand of thrash. (gotta love run-on sentences)

Monday 27 June 2011 - 11:06:56

citation :
Loudpipes says : Infernal Overkill is their best album to me on a pure songwriting level. The album is filled with classic tunes, but it peaks with the Savage Power of both "Bestial Invasion" and "Thrash Attack". Release From Agony is probably the second best; it's definitely their most technical record from the 80's, and it's filled with some absolutely fantastic songs. The riffs are sharp and well written, the lead guitar is outstanding, and Schmier's vocals were dead on.

I'm not a huge fan of the production with the more modern records with the exception of the Thrash Anthems comp (which sounds Far Far better than Destruction's early LPs... Seriously, Destruction always got boned on that count. Sodom and Kreator had raw production jobs but the difference is that they fit and didn't muffle the songs up). The Antichrist is probably my favourite record from their comeback efforts.

Monday 27 June 2011 - 11:07:41

citation :
Panzerjager says : Guys... what did you think of their last album Day of Reckoning?

Sucks

Saturday 02 July 2011 - 05:19:15

citation :
Panzerjager says : Guys... what did you think of their last album Day of Reckoning?
not what i want my Destruction cd to sound like but not totally bad imho

Wednesday 02 November 2011 - 01:41:42
First 3 albums and Sentence of Death EP and the MAD Butcher EP are all equal for me.

Best songs would have to be Total Desaster, Devil's Soilders, MAD Butcher, Bestial Invasion, Tormentor, Invincible Force, Black Death, Curse The Gods, Sign of Fear, Release From Agony, Survive To Die, Thrash 'Til Death, Metal Discharge, Church of Disgust, Hate Is My Fuel and Sorcerer of Black Magic.

Monday 14 November 2011 - 06:11:48
Sentence of Death and Infernal Overkill