|Deathsters in 15 questions!||
|message posted the : Monday 16 January 2012 - 23:57:36
Registered the : 2011-12-13
| 1) 19, and a couple of years I think. The first Death Metal bands I started listening to were Cannibal Corpse, Aborted and Benighted.
2) I just listen whenever I can; I don't think I could sum it up in hours. And yes, to some degree.
3) Unfortunately, there aren't really many DM shows where I live, but when I went to Damnation Festivel 2011 I absolutely loved it. Cerebral Bore and Xerath especially. :D
4) DM: Probably Slaughter & Apparatus: A Methodical Overture by Aborted. BM: The Sun I Carried Alone by Iskald. As for Thrash and Grind, I don't think I listen to the genres enough to have a favourite album.
5) I mostly play Strychnine.213 (Aborted), Butchered At Birth (Cannibal Corpse), The Hinderers (Daath) and The Cancer Empire (Zonaria).
6) Evisceration Plague by Cannibal Corpse, Ophiolatry On A Hemocite Platter by Aborted, Divinity by Noctem, All Roads Lead To Hell by Hester Prynne, Deatholution by Hackneyed.
7) They mean quite a lot to me, and represent my love for metal music and my collection of favourite albums.
8) Yes, I listen to quite a bit of Industrial/Dark Electronic music, as well as some lighter Metalcore stuff just for fun.
9) Being in Europe, I think the Scandinavian countries were fundamental in popularising metal throughout this part of the globe, but I respect all territories and the vast majority of my favourite bands are from North America.
10) I try to be as open-minded as I can when it comes to metal, respecting all scenes and genres (for example, I am not into Power Metal or Folk Metal, but I respect the scenes without a doubt). I only truly Hate mainstream music!
11) Wow, a hard one. If I had to choose, probably the drummer from Fleshgod Apocalypse, Corpsegrinder from Cannibal Corpse on vocals, the lead guitarist of Diskreet, the bassist from Brain Drill and the rhythm guitarist from Aborted. Oh, and the keyboard player from The Breathing Process. :P
12) Well last year (2011) I'm not sure... I think Megadeth's Th1rte3n and Machine Head's Unto The Locust were immensely popular. Probably Mastodon's The Hunter... Animals As Leaders 'Weightless'... just anything but Lulu and Illud Divinum Insanus haha.
13) Probably some of the older ones like Obituary, Cannibal Corpse, Bolt Thrower, Autopsy and Grave. I do respect the older DM outfits that are still powering on.
14) Well, I think as the name implies, it's Death Metal mixed with elements of metalcore. Personally, I have no quarrels with Deathcore and enjoy some of the genre, so it's cool. Can't stand Hardcore dancing though!
15) Well, I think it'd be too hard for me to name the fifteen greatest, I'm not exactly an expert metal historian. But for me, my favourite fifteen DM albums have to include:
Goremageddon: The Saw & The Carnage Done - Aborted
Reflection - As You Drown
Butchered At Birth - Cannibal Corpse
Blacken The Sun - As They Sleep
Maniacal Miscreation - Cerebral Bore
Rise Of The Rotten - Die
Engage The Mechanicality - Diskreet
Apocalyptic Feasting - Brain Drill
The Cancer Empire - Zonaria
Behold The Lion - Woe Of Tyrants
Ecliptic Dimensions Of Suffering - Flesh Consumed
Descent Into Chaos - Nightrage
Symmetric In Design - Scar Symmetry
Identisick - Benighted
Wounds - The Funeral Pyre
...but then again, they're just my favourites. I don't really claim them to be the best or anything. Just MY best.
|message posted the : Tuesday 17 January 2012 - 04:05:17
Registered the : 2009-06-19
| |citation :
I love Death Metal and so should you! Try and answer the 15 following questions so we get to know each other better:
1 How old are you? How long have you been listening to Death Metal and which DM bands did you listen to first?
2 How many hours do you spend each day listening to Extreme music? Would you say you're addicted?
3 Which bands you Saw live were the best?
4 What is your favorite Death Metal album, Black Metal, Thrash Metal and/or Grindcore?
5 Though they may not be the best, which records did you most play up till now?
6 What are the tracks/songs you just can't get enough of?
7 How much do you value your CDs (or tapes or LPs) and what do they represent to you?
8 Do you listen to less Extreme music or are you without Mercy for any other genres?
9 What is the country that does best represent Death Metal in your opinion? Do you like one period in particular?
10 Is there some visual content that you find laughable and/or bands you think that really suck eggs?
11 You're a band manager, what would be the Death Metal dreamteam for you: drummer, bass player, guitar player(s) and vocalist.
12 Looking back at the previous year (2008), which albums do you think have become cult classics?
13 In your opinion, which 5 Death Metal bands are today's champions (please no ultra underground band, bands that really count in today's Death Metal)?
14 You've heard of deathcore, do you think it's Death Metal?
15 Last but not least, here's your chance to pick up the 10 best Death Metal records of all times.
1) I am currently 16 turning 17 in March. My first Death metal band was probably early Fear Factory. They are thrash but i believe that there earlier productions like Soul of a new machine were certainly thrash death. Aside from Fear Factory, i think my first DM band was Opeth. Dad brought their album "Deliverance" when i was 13. Didnt like it, but grew into them and when i was 14 I liked Opeth and loved "Ghost Reveries".
2) I hardly listen to metal on the holidays or even when i'm at home for that matter. If i clean a bit, i love to crank some Bloodbath. As i travel to school via bus, which is approximately 90 minutes in and around 60 minutes home, i usually listen to metal for 120 minutes of the bus ride. So around 10 hours for the week.
I am not addicted. Although if listen to an album 5 times and i like it. It usually ends up with 30+ plays by the end of the week, as that's all i listen to. (e,g Blooddrunk, Are you dead yet?, The Fathomless Mastery, Colony, From Mars To Sirius etc)
3) Only been to one live show, and that was Metallica last year, N/A.
4) Favourite DM album would be a toss up with The Fathomless Mastery and Ghost Reveries although i thoroughly enjoy Dechristianise by VR.
As of BM, i havent really explored the genre (same can be said with every genre of metal for me) but i'd say, ATM, Ihsahn's After.
Haven't listened to enough thrash but i'd say Archetype or Digimortal by FF.
Grindcore ATM is Trample The Weak, Hurdle The Dead.
5) Vital Remains Dechristianize
6) Just about all of The fathomless mastery/Ghost Reveries, What Dwells within, Dechristianize, Devoured Elysium, Saviour to none. . .failure for all, Entwined by Vengeance (my favourite song off Dechristainize) etc
7) To be honest i dont have any tapes, just some cds. The only real cds i have which are DM are Opeth. I get my music another way. . . (i know i know)
8) Yes i listen to a variety. Metalcore, Deathcore (not so much anymore), Alt Metal, Heavy metal, Hard rock, fusion, thrash etc etc etc
9) I dont really know TBH. I mean sweden, finland america all have good DM scenes, along with Poland etc etc. I'm probably not the one to ask.
10) I think the pig squeals suck "eggs" and the rediculously fast stuff. Mind you i like some quick and some slow. Visual content like the covers with Blokes hacking people up and exviscerating them. I find that "laughable".
11) Drummer; Gene Hoglan or Raymond Herrera or George Kollias
Bass; Steve Digorgio
Guitar; Alexi Laihos
Guitar/vocalist; MIKAEL AKERFELDT
13) hmm again i really cant answer that. I havent even listened to Death or Morbid Angel or even a full Immolation or Incantation album. I have got them, just havent got around to listening to them.
14) I certainly think it has DM qualities such as heaviness. But like metal, it's just a different form of DM.
15) refer to A 13.
"I Wish I had that AR-15 in here, then I could probably get out.....I don't like being locked up, it's not very nice."
-Martin Bryant, after the Port Arthur