Musicians >> Best Metal Guitarist of All-Time??
Share to Facebook Share to Myspace Share to Twitter Stumble It Email This More...

Getting poll results. Please wait...
OUT OF THE GUITARISTS LISTED BELOW, who do you think is the best?
Jimmy Page (Led Zeppelin)
Mikael Akerfeldt (Opeth)
Karl Sanders (Nile)
Jari Maneppaa (Wintersun) [I probably misspelled his name]
Chuck Schuldiner (Death)
Dimebag Darrell (Pantera)
Tosin Abasi (Animals As Leaders)
Kerry King (Slayer)
Michael Amott (ex-Carcass, Arch Enemy)
Alexi Laiho (Children of Bodom)
John Gallagher (Dying Fetus)
Toni Iomi (Black Sabbath)
Toni Iomi (Black Sabbath)
Randy Rhoads (Ozzy Osbourne)
Jeff Loomis (Nevermore)

Sunday 29 July 2012 - 01:23:58
I know there are probably plenty that I Forgot to put on the poll. If (what you believe to be) the best METAL guitarist Ever isn't on the list, PLEASE feel free to post his name!

Also, remember that this is about METAL guitarists, that's why Jimi Hendrix, David Gilmour, Prince, Carlos Santana, Stevie Ray Vaughn, George Harrison, Jerry Garcia, Eric Clapton, Eddie Van Halen, and other guitar masters aren't on there. This poll is purely for my curiosity, I don't want to start any major conflict on here.

Also, my computer glitched and put Toni Iomi on there twice, PLEASE CHOOSE THE TONI IOMI ON THE TOP!

Sunday 29 July 2012 - 09:33:45
Dude, really, why the Hell did you leave Gilmour and Van Halen out there? Are those bands not Brutal enough? Those guys were fundamental to the Evolution of guitar playing in later metal.
I also fail to find Malmsteen, Vai and Satriani in here

If I had to choose from this list: a tie between Laiho, Schuldiner and Rhoads

Sunday 29 July 2012 - 10:20:02

citation :
Panzerjager says : Dude, really, why the Hell did you leave Gilmour and Van Halen out there? Are those bands not Brutal enough? Those guys were fundamental to the Evolution of guitar playing in later metal.
I also fail to find Malmsteen, Vai and Satriani in here

If I had to choose from this list: a tie between Laiho, Schuldiner and Rhoads

citation :
know there are probably plenty that I Forgot to put on the poll. If (what you believe to be) the best METAL guitarist Ever isn't on the list, PLEASE feel free to post his name!

Please, read, then type.

Sunday 29 July 2012 - 10:24:30
Perhaps you should reread my post and Crinn's post again too... and then type.

Crinn left Gilmour and Van Halen out for an unknown reason for me. I'm asking him why he did that.
The line "I fail to find..." implies that I'd like to post those names here as they are appropriate here.

Maybe you can do an useful contribution here, instead of playing cap' obvious

Sunday 29 July 2012 - 15:50:52
You don't think that Kirk Hammett is good enough to go on this list?

Sunday 29 July 2012 - 16:31:21
Honestly... I don't. Hammet is a good guitarist, yes. But he wasn't as technically proficient or ground-breaking as the others mentioned above

Tuesday 31 July 2012 - 01:13:05
Objectively, Ron Jarzombek.

Wednesday 01 August 2012 - 14:57:35
Herman Li (DragonForce)

Sunday 09 September 2012 - 01:11:12
I thin you should put Andy Larocque up there he is criminally underated he uses neo-classical style and a lot of harmonies it's awesome and very melodic.

Wednesday 23 April 2014 - 22:17:39

marty friedmenGeorge lynchsteve vaiyngwie malmsteenjoe satranieddie Van Halen