Ensiferum >> another member loss for ensiferum
Share to Facebook Share to Myspace Share to Twitter Stumble It Email This More...

Wednesday 16 January 2008 - 23:07:38
After almost 6 years beside ensiferum, the keyboarder Meiju Ehno unfortunately decided to leave the band.. Although it was tough, Ensiferum respected her decision. Meiju expresses the reasons of her choice on the following letter:

Dear friends,

I’ve now reached the moment in my life when I need to stay out of the battle. It’s time for somebody else to take my place in Ensiferum. These almost 6 years have been totally unforgettable but also rough. After giving my absolutely 100% to this music, playing and shows I now feel exhausted but happy; it has been worth it. Nevertheless, I feel now it’s time for me to head out for new adventures.
   Carry on holding the sword! I feel deep gratitude to all fans and friends who have encouraged me during these years. I want to thank Markus, Sami, Janne and Pete for all those once-in-a-lifetime moments and the inspirational atmosphere there has always been. You’re like brothers to me.
   I wish good luck to my follower and true warrior spirit to all our listeners.
As long as there’s good beer left in the world, you can never really give up.

- Meiju Enho

People can find the original letter in finnish language: http://www.ensiferum.com/e_html/e_news_meijustatement.htm

Despite this decision,  Meiju will continue with Ensiferum the "Tour Towards Victory", giving us time to enjoy some really good gigs!!
But the question is whether she is gonna play in wacken.....
And if she does not, who is gonna be the new keyboarder?