Thrash Metal >> Your Big 4 of New Thrash
Share to Facebook Share to Myspace Share to Twitter Stumble It Email This More...

Monday 21 November 2011 - 02:00:56
What would be your Big 4 of New Thrash?  Mine would be:

-Warbringer
-Havok
-Toxic Holocaust
-Lazarus A.D.

If you like, you can use a Big 5, 6, etc.

Monday 21 November 2011 - 14:45:22
I have only 3 In This Moment

Bonded By Blood
Gama Bomb
Evile

Tuesday 22 November 2011 - 03:52:27

citation :
Margrave says : I have only 3 In This Moment

Bonded By Blood
Gama Bomb
Evile

Ah, those are very good as well.  It's almost too hard to pick

Saturday 03 December 2011 - 05:08:07
Living Sacrifice
Slayer
Suicidal Tendencies
Venom

Sunday 04 December 2011 - 19:40:07
1. Warbringer (aka new Slayer)
2. Evile (aka new Metallica/Sepultura)
3. Municipal Waste (aka new D.R.I.)
4. Skeletonwitch (if they count as thrash, they deserve a spot on the list)

Monday 05 December 2011 - 06:13:21
Demogorefest is winning so Far, but loses points for adding Evile and Municipal Waste*. Refractorhead doesn't count because he clearly didn't read the title of the thread properly. The rest of you suck. All those bands are so incredibly boring and generic , all they do is copy everything that was done in the 80's Minus the feel. This whole "New Wave of Thrash" is a load of shit. Where's the originality? Why don't these bands have their own sound? All there doing is cashing in on a resurgence in popularity of the genre. The can all fuck off.

/rant

That said, there are a few good bands Drowning amongst this sea of boring shithrash made by false assclowns. My big 4 would be:
Skeletonwitch (Yes, I think they're thrashy enough to be here. Awesome band.)
Warbringer
Mutant
Vektor

With a special mention to Vindicator (UK) for being awesome as well.

* Funnily enough, I actually like this band. Nothing new, but they're fun. I don't think they're good enough to be put here though, too generic to be deserving.

Monday 05 December 2011 - 22:25:55
I was mainly basing my list by popularity, I don't much care for Evile or Skeletonwitch, but both bands seem to be at the forefront of the modern thrash revivalists. In Fact, I was in a hot topic store the other day (don't ask why, it's a long story, I didn't willingly enter the establishment though) and Saw skeletonwitch's new album on sale... Right next to a day to remember. I seriously don't get how they've gotten so mainstream in the last couple years, but whatever.

Tuesday 06 December 2011 - 00:05:02
Because they deserve it, they've got to where they are now purely on the strength of their material. They haven't changed they're sound or any of that shit to sell albums, their own style is good enough on it's own. I'm a huge fan of the band and I support them 100% as long as they stay true to what got them this far. Living proof that there is still some originality out there to be found in modern Extreme metal. It is Sad that their albums are on sale next to a shit Metalcore band though...

By the way, what's a hot topic store? 0

Thursday 08 December 2011 - 09:26:13

citation :
SevereAbomination says :
By the way, what's a hot topic store? 0

I know right, if they're selling Skeletonwitch CDs I wanna know about it

Thursday 08 December 2011 - 10:08:11
I already have 3 Skeletonwitch albums, I was just wondering cause I don't think we have those shops over here.