Hell >> What was first Life or Death? (bit of philosophy).
Share to Facebook Share to Myspace Share to Twitter Stumble It Email This More...

Tuesday 08 April 2008 - 15:01:34
What was first? life? or death?

0 So simple girl, of course life! you can be a kind of stupid sometimes!!
You were born in 1986...So life was first.

Aha... really!! What about 1900? where have you been? You were NOT ALIVE! mean DEAD!! You're not convinced yet?
Take this then; 2958 years ago, when your Berber grandfathers were living in North Africa. Where have you been? Take it easy, you were DEAD0 No one of them knew about who's going to be Khadija? For them, you were DEAD...So dead was first.

Are you kidding me eh?! 0 How can a being NOT PHYSICAL, be considered DEAD?? I mean; first you need to have a body. Then die if you want. The body is required in such case... So life was first!

Oh!! Gotcha you now!! Life means HAVING a body. While death means NOT HAVING a body.0 What about the graveyard? It is full of bodies and none of them is alive!! Life doesn't mean having a body and vice versa... In this case death requires feature other than a body... So Death was first.

What about you guys?
According to you what was fisrt? Life? or Death? 0

Tuesday 08 April 2008 - 15:20:14
You need to stop drugs (j/k)

The fact that you weren't born in 1900 doesn't mean you were dead simply that you weren't born yet. Death is at The End of Life, ever heard of alpha and omega. It's not the other way around.

citation :
Life means HAVING a body. While death means NOT HAVING a body.0 What about the graveyard? It is full of bodies and none of them is alive!! Life doesn't mean having a body and vice versa... In this case death requires feature other than a body... So Death was first.

In logic, this is a false argument because you are using a syllogism

No tree is edible.
Some trees are green.
Some green things are not edible.

See my point...?

check 'fallacies' in wikipedia, it could help

Tuesday 08 April 2008 - 16:12:57
Oh, I'd say it's More a metaphysical question, than a "real" philosophical one .

I Will try later to organize a long paragraph for your topic, Angels.
But actually, I don't have time, and I'll have to make my English better if I want to post something as good as possible .

Tuesday 08 April 2008 - 16:21:43

citation :
vastAire say : You need to stop drugs (j/k)
The fact that you weren't born in 1900 doesn't mean you were dead simply that you weren't born yet. Death is at The End of Life, ever heard of alpha and omega. It's not the other way around.

Thanks for being the first to answer0 drugs? Yeah right... I'll do that 0

Alpha & Omega........That's science which you were talking about right?
Let's take it this way0 in 1900 I was not alive whatsoever.
For me it's not a question of not being born yet, but not being BROUGHT to life, because to BE was not a personal choice!! Someone do it for me, & gave me life...But, anyway "logically" I was dead before1986, means NOT EXISTING...

You said that Death is The End of life right? Death of who/whom exactly?

I'll check that "fallacies"0

Tuesday 08 April 2008 - 16:26:59

citation :
Flint say : Oh, I'd say it's More a metaphysical question, than a "real" philosophical one .

Yeah right0 I just trying to find the truth of the nowadays existing knowledge which's = ME & YOU ...and where do we come from?

*waiting for a nice post*

Tuesday 08 April 2008 - 16:31:16
Where we come from does no obsess me as much as where we are going to.

But unlike many people who wander purposelessly, I do have a purpose and such related questions, which used to make me think for ages, are now useless for me.
I know that I don't have all possible answers to life and death but I am content with what I think I know and do not torture myself to answer the unanswerable (and incidently let others do it for me )

Tuesday 08 April 2008 - 16:39:42

citation :
vastAire say : Where we come from does no obsess me as much as where we are going to.

But unlike many people who wander purposelessly, I do have a purpose and such related questions, which used to make me think for ages, are now useless for me.
I know that I don't have all possible answers to life and death but I am content with what I think I know and do not torture myself to answer the unanswerable (and incidently let others do it for me )

Good!!
But if you'd know where you come from then you'd probably know where are you going 0

Tuesday 08 April 2008 - 16:48:22
'you would probably know' which means noone can be certain about it, hence my point in accepting who I am with my certitudes and my black holes rather than trying to rewrite the whole world in vain.

Wednesday 09 April 2008 - 00:57:42

citation :
angels say : What was first? life? or death?

0 So simple girl, of course life! you can be a kind of stupid sometimes!!
You were born in 1986...So life was first.

Aha... really!! What about 1900? where have you been? You were NOT ALIVE! mean DEAD!! You're not convinced yet?
Take this then; 2958 years ago, when your Berber grandfathers were living in North Africa. Where have you been? Take it easy, you were DEAD0 No one of them knew about who's going to be Khadija? For them, you were DEAD...So dead was first.

Are you kidding me eh?! 0 How can a being NOT PHYSICAL, be considered DEAD?? I mean; first you need to have a body. Then die if you want. The body is required in such case... So life was first!

Oh!! Gotcha you now!! Life means HAVING a body. While death means NOT HAVING a body.0 What about the graveyard? It is full of bodies and none of them is alive!! Life doesn't mean having a body and vice versa... In this case death requires feature other than a body... So Death was first.

What about you guys?
According to you what was fisrt? Life? or Death? 0

Hmm, has anyone else gotton a headache from all that lodgic? 0
Wednesday 09 April 2008 - 14:35:27
life wasn't 1st.it exsists forever in "dao"which is both everything&nothing.but it contains The End as well so life & death are had in hand like twins