Deathcore/Metalcore/Hardcore >> What are your favorite Deathcore bands?
Share to Facebook Share to Myspace Share to Twitter Stumble It Email This More...

Sunday 18 April 2010 - 11:53:59
1> Bring Me The Horizon
2>All Shall Perish
3>After The Burial

Least Favourite:
                         Suicide Silence

Thursday 20 May 2010 - 09:55:16
Misery Index

Thursday 20 May 2010 - 11:01:31
hmm... deathcore is a genre I listen to the most... let me explain some of my thoughts

I SAW that this page states Lamb Of God as deathcore... it's a bit weird to me, I like Lamb Of God but I'd rather state them as some kind of progressive metal.

Job for a Cowboy went to Death Metal since their debut album... yes, they really are Death Metal, though the high-pitched shrieks annoy me and I would cut them out of the music and leave only the deep, redneck-sounding low vocals, I love them and they do incredible progressive/technical Death Metal, they're one of my favorite Death Metal bands.

Bring Me the Horizon... they did really good music until their debut album Count Your Blessings, their last stuff "Suicide Season" is quite pussy-sounding... there are some songs which aren't bad, but way worse than their previous stuff. People, avoid Prejudice, no matter how they look like or do you like how they look or not (personally I like it), their music on "This Is What the Edge of Your Seat Was Made For" EP and on "Count Your Blessings" album is incredibly awesome, you should put more energy in it to know these better. These stuffs are really awesomely and professionally made progressive mathcore/metalcore stuff.

Suicide Silence... I liked them, though I feel their music is somewhat hollow and lacks further content, they want to seem to have very enlightened world view with their lyrics like Unanswered, No Pity for a Coward etc. and the stuffs on their last albums, but these lyrics are not as intellectual as they want to be. I feel them kinda show off and skin-deep, and their last album sucks my shit out of my ass because it sucks, it's total boring and superficial and hollow with lyrics even more pretending to be intellectual but even less they are. Anyway, their older stuff is not bad, I can bang my Head on No Pity for a Coward, Unanswered, Hand of a Killer and especially to Bludgeoned.

As Blood Runs Black is kinda empty to me...

I love All Shall Perish for their first album Hate.Malice.Revenge, that stuff is simply really awesome, their later stuff is interesting but not as badass.

óké, my most favorite type of deathcore is that bit crazy and silly but very professional-style subgenre like the bands Arsonists Get All The Girls, Born Of Osiris, Veil of Maya... omG I love them!!! When I hear them, I can do Nothing but bang my Head like an idiot and I'm permanently up to know their stuff and musical structure very deeply but they are so deep musically so I can't get bored of them. The Acacia Strain and Animosity is somewhat similar due to that they have silly lyrics and/or musical parts which are really kick-ass.

I like Emmure but I prefer The Acacia Strain.

My second favorite type of deathcore is the "brutal stuff", I love the first album "The Somatic Defilement" by Whitechapel, I like Carnifex very much and I adore Annotations of an Autopsy. Though Annotations Of An Autopsy went to Death Metal on their debut album (OK, actually they always were Death Metal for they had no real Hardcore elements in their music but maybe in their song "Gore GORE Gadget" which is lyrically a Mockery of Hardcore point of view), their latest stuff is kinda melodic/groove metal which I don't prefer, so their went shitter In My Eyes too. I love the Chelsea Grin, I Ate Everybody, We Speak Texan, etc. and I'm open for every "brutal deathcore" band. (Btw, I state Suicide Silence as Brutal deathcore, though they haven't been as Brutal lately but they were at their pre-album era.)

So bad that most bands go shit after their first or the first few albums... there are exceptions for example Job For A Cowboy who I think have released their most kick-ass stuff with their last album.

Friday 21 May 2010 - 01:35:40

Wednesday 16 June 2010 - 16:06:11

Saturday 21 August 2010 - 22:36:53
My favorite deathcore band is HER NAME IN Blood >:D

Thursday 02 September 2010 - 13:11:06
Mine would be 

Suicide Silence
As Blood Runs Black
Chelsea Grin
My Autumn
Animosity
Despised Icon
About A Plane Crash
Carnifex
BMTH is awsome

how can you not like BMTH, have you herd the song pray for plagues.

ps. I believe Job For A Cowboy Is of the Death Metal genre 

Sunday 12 September 2010 - 03:10:00

citation :
The_Icelandic_Viking says : Bring Me The Horizon

IDK why, they always seemed more Metalcore to me. Anyway
Oceano
Suicide Silence
Waking The Cadaver
Whitechapel

Thursday 21 October 2010 - 21:34:13
I love Chelsea Grin! 0 That's my favorite deathcore band to! It was the first deathcore band I discovered!
citation :
BringMoiTheHorizon says : what are your favorite deathcore bands? what are your least favorite?

Mine favorite are:
7. Condemned To The Catapult
6. Job For A Cowboy
5. Whitechapel
4. Here Comes The Kraken
3. Suicide Silence
2. We Butter The Bread With Butter
1. Chelsea Grin *(woot)*

Least favorite
Bring Me The Horizon

Express yourself but don't be like like"i hope this bands chokes on each others' balls" at least they try

Thursday 21 October 2010 - 22:15:35

citation :
ChelseaGrin says : I love Chelsea Grin! 0 That's my favorite deathcore band to! It was the first deathcore band I discovered! 

My First Deathcore band I listen to was Suicide Silence which I listend to bludgeoned to death. Then I listened to BMTH which I listened to Pray For Plagues, THEN I herd the song lifeless by Chelsea Grin and I thought the breakdown in that song was awsome!

Spirit of Metal Webzine 2003-2024
site developed and maintained by Spirit of Metal Team