General Discussions / Chit-Chat >> Thread Game: Answer the question above you
Share to Facebook Share to Myspace Share to Twitter Stumble It Email This More...

Saturday 30 May 2015 - 04:12:23

A : Not that far.
Went several times to Paris (~ 300 miles from Home), Slayer/Sepultura/System of a Down in 1998, Tattoo the Planet in 2001 (which was so disappointing, no Pantera because of the 09/11), Dream Theater in 2000 (great), Metallica/Slipknot/Lost Prophets in 2004 - Parc des Princes, first time seeing Metallica live, really enjoyable.

Q : What do you think of "djent" ?

Sunday 31 May 2015 - 01:24:00

A: Oooh, I have some Scathing opinions about this 'djent' horsecrap XD I think the "That's not Metal" blog put it best when it referred to 'djent' as over-produced flatulence.

Besides the Fact that djent is super pretentious and limp-wristed (sounds like Linkin Park and Coheed And Cambria combined, eww). The riffs are faceless and forgettable, just like the riffs in the Deathcore genre. Every djent riff sounds like the filler section of a lame thrash Metal song. Most djent-y songs are repetitive and Far too similar to each other, even with the bands that people consider 'stand-outs' of the genre. The riffs are often little more than beat-based chugs, similar to dupstep and rap. The genre is often combined with metalcore/deathcore too, so often the songs become a sort of triumvirate of garbage. I also don't consider it Metal, much like the blog I referred to before. I Hate djent, Hate it. If someone HAS an example of good djent (because I admittedly haven't heard much from the genre besides a few songs by Monuments and Tesseract), fine, I'll listen to it, but I'll most likely not like it.

Q: (One of) your favourite albums of all time?

Thursday 22 June 2017 - 19:43:42

A: Brave New World of Iron Maiden.

Q: When and Which was your last Metal concert?

Thursday 29 June 2017 - 04:51:57

A: That would have been Lacuna Coil - the Manchester Academy gig on the Delirium tour, last November. :) I've yet to have been to a metal gig in 2017 though, most of the artists coming here seem to be from the other genres I like.

Anyway, I see Lacuna Coil every time they play near me, every chance I get, even if it Means ending up in hospital. ;)

No, seriously! I dislocated my left shoulder a total of four times during my first LC gig back in '05 (I wound up in the mosh pit - I was only 19 at the time, don't knock it =P), and I put it back against the pillar in the middle of the room (Birmingham Academy, in case this is confusing for anyone thinking of Manchester venues!) every time, because I was having too much fun to want to bother going to the first aider & possibly being carted off to A&E.

That'll lead into my question for the person after me... My apologies for the editing, the forum seems to be making very Random formatting Changes to my posts between my clicking post and viewing them, and I have no idea why... Maybe I Need to check my settings. Anyway:

Q: What's the Worst injury you've ever sustained at a gig, how did you get it and what did you do about it? :)

Tuesday 24 July 2018 - 11:10:12

A: Iron Maiden - Killers (on cassette)

Q: Who was the last person you hugged?

Thursday 06 June 2019 - 05:14:29

A: My mom.

Q: How did you know about this page?