Thrash Metal >> The thrash metal you've listened to lately?
Share to Facebook Share to Myspace Share to Twitter Stumble It Email This More...

Wednesday 04 May 2011 - 23:43:34
This is pretty much the counterpart to the 5 DM records you've been listening to in the Death Metal forum, at least that's what i'm hoping this'll be. Please post why you like or dislike the record you've been hearing, lists aren't useful for discussion.

Here's a couple of mine:

-D.R.I.: I've been digging back into their discography lately. Dealing With It! is one of my favourite albums of all time; I don't think anything encapsulates teenage Angst so perfectly into a record as well as that album's Fusion of Hardcore punk and metal. Some of their other works are solid; the Dirty Rotten LP is a pretty awesome way to start their career, and Crossover is also a strong record, although it leans more purely towards the metal side of the coin... it's still great. Some of their later albums just don't work that well though, but their early stuff is absolutely classic.

-Slayer: always my perennial favourites. The 1983-1988 era is some of the greatest music ever recorded, regardless of genre. So few bands encapsulate metal's greatness as a genre than Slayer did.

-Protector: These guys have become one of my personal favourites lately. They do thrash the way I like it: razor-sharp riffs, lightening fast tempos, and an ability to know when to switch tempos well within the song. Golem and the Misanthropy EP are extremely strong works of thrash, but A Shedding of Skin may be their best record. It leans more towards deathrash than the more purely teutonic style they trafficked in early on, but it retains the greatness of their early works. Excellent riffs, Vicious vocals, great drums, well written songs. Can't ask for much more from a Thrash Metal band.

Wednesday 04 May 2011 - 23:46:53
Nice topic idea

Mekong Delta - One of my favourite thrash bands. Not in your face like Slayer (though I like em), but very technical in their composition. The heavy bass is great in it too. The vocalist is very talented. Progressive thrash at its best.

Not much of a thrash guy, but I listen to some.

Thursday 05 May 2011 - 04:54:48
Currently I've been Addicted to Municipal Waste's old material, especially Waste 'em All, the self-titled demo, and Tango and Thrash. Their old stuff is heavily influenced by early DRI.
Forced Entry's uncertain future is pretty badass too, been listening to it alot lately.

Thursday 05 May 2011 - 20:30:25
Sadus ! Steve DiGiorgio truly is a bass guitar master! Sadus is one of my favourite Thrash Metal bands, it's Aggressive, fast and well technically played. I'd love to see them live.

Saturday 07 May 2011 - 18:06:31
Ive been listening to alot of Venom lately, if that counts 0

Sunday 08 May 2011 - 21:54:47

citation :
miniradman says : Ive been listening to alot of Venom lately, if that counts 0

Sunday 15 May 2011 - 07:10:15
Havok and Municipal waste.

Sunday 15 May 2011 - 09:15:10
At the moment Death Angel seems to be my favorite,

other than that, typical stuff like Testament, Sodom, and Destruction.

Haven't looked into many new Thrash bands lately.

Monday 16 May 2011 - 00:02:56
Nocturnal Graves.

Tuesday 17 May 2011 - 12:10:06
Angelus Apatrida, they are great, a mix of the best of Destruction and Kreator,