Death Metal >> Technical Death
Share to Facebook Share to Myspace Share to Twitter Stumble It Email This More...

Sunday 07 November 2010 - 09:06:41
Back on topic

My Favourite are

Viramea
Origin
Fleshgod Apocalypse
Defeated Sanity 0  

Monday 06 December 2010 - 03:45:12
Technical Death Metal is really lame to me, especially the modern type. Way too much gimmicky fluff and superflous shred, not enough actual content to the song (IE riffs and the overall structure of the song). Anata are the only modern tech-death band that really impresses me.

That said, Atheist and Immolation are among my Absolute all time favourites. Suffocation (I count them as both tech and Brutal Death Metal), early Atrocity, Gorguts, Miasma, and Demilich are all amazing bands... I generally have a thing for Unorthodox DM bands.

Monday 06 December 2010 - 04:15:24
Hey Loudpipes, since you like the Unorthodox side of Death Metal, try these guys out:

Portal
Traumatic Voyage
Lykathea Aflame

Tuesday 14 December 2010 - 04:08:34
I've actually checked out Lykathea Aflame and came away less than impressed. I'll give them another shot though, and i'll look into those two other bands, thanks for the recs.

Tuesday 14 December 2010 - 04:26:24

citation :
Loudpipes says : I've actually checked out Lykathea Aflame and came away less than impressed. I'll give them another shot though, and i'll look into those two other bands, thanks for the recs.

I'm not sure, but overall, you might like Traumatic Voyage out of those three.

Also, I got bored of Lykathea Aflame very fast a while ago. No replay value. Yep, got bored really fast.

Tuesday 18 January 2011 - 17:26:58
i'd like to think that Becoming The Archetype is a technical death band, may not be the heaviest but they are pretty awesome. alethein is pretty awesome too... i think i spelled that wrong, but you should be able to find them.
Thursday 08 May 2014 - 01:08:02

Wednesday 15 April 2015 - 19:53:32

I'm an Absolute fan of bands like Viraemia, Necrophagist, Severed Crotch, A Loathing Requiem, Spawn Of Possession...