Symphonic / Gothic / Melodic Doom >> Tarja' solo release
Share to Facebook Share to Myspace Share to Twitter Stumble It Email This More...

Tuesday 18 December 2007 - 02:08:40
When I found out she was releasing a solo release I wasn't sure what to make of it cause I always associate with her with Nightwish. I heard some tracks though cause a friend of mine I intern w/ at fontana was curious so I could not help not to listen to her. "I walk alone" is epic to me, I know that is a weird way to explain a song but her sound just garners that kind of response. I actually read somewhere that she has been interested in movie scores so there is defintely som influence their. You have to hear if for yourself but I am glad that she has put out a solo record.

oh yeah her site is crazy impressive check it out
www.mywinterstorm.com

Wednesday 14 January 2009 - 11:29:32
Yep, Tarja is great as always.Her CD My Winter Storm owns and also her new one (The Seer) is great too.I was also thinking that alone she wouldnt be able to make a difference but she is really doing great.

Wednesday 14 January 2009 - 12:44:27
I've listened to some of her solo tracks, but to me they just don't stand out. They are good tracks, but I'm not overly excited by it, which is a shame, because I really do like her Voice, and loved her in Nightwish.

Wednesday 14 January 2009 - 14:34:57
Yes her Voice owns but so does the Voice of Hietala.Its a pitty she left Nightwish but in my opinion she is great even alone.