Discussions about Music >> Suggestions much appreciated....
Share to Facebook Share to Myspace Share to Twitter Stumble It Email This More...

Thursday 03 April 2014 - 11:30:59

Absolutely. Good paths so far. Haven't got too much time with many yet, but I'm really diggin what I've got so far. Picked up Electric Wizard's album Dopethrone, Autopsy's Mental Funeral, and DMDS from Mayhem. Lovin it all. I listened to a few of Candlemass', I really like their music, but the vocals aren't really up my alley right now. Watched a few Coroner videos too, they'll probably be my next purchase when I recover financially. lol
Been listenin to a lot of Ahab and Primordial too. Needless to say, I'm becoming quite trusting of your suggestions. lol. So thanks again, as I said before, it can be really difficult to sift through all the sounds and styles. This HAS really helped.

Thursday 03 April 2014 - 12:52:46

That's great to hear! Oh, and when you buy something by Coroner, GET No More COLORS. It's my favourite thrash album, personally (though I heard that the album that came out before that is just as good). Great choices with the other three bands. Come My Fanatics is personally my favourite by Electric Wizard but I think Dopethrone's a better place to start with them because the songs aren't super simplistic/odd.

My recommendation for Primordial album would be either Redemption at the Puritan's Hand or To The Nameless Dead. I like Ahab's most recent Two albums the best as well.

Anyway, happy to hear you're liking it all. I feel like the albums you bought are albums that all take time to grow on the listener, so be sure to always give them the occasional listen!

Friday 04 April 2014 - 05:44:06

For sure. I couldn't Decide on which Electric Wizard album. I listened to a couple from Come My Fanatics and liked em, but then I listened to Funeralopolis off of Dopethrone and had to get it. I was feelin that sorta crunchy, bluesy sound on that album. I'll be gettin Come My Fanatics eventually as well. And all the stuff I've been listening to by Primordial is off of To The Nameless Dead. And the Ahab is from the first album, I'll have to check out the other two.

Friday 04 April 2014 - 16:54:07

It figures, Funeralopolis is quite awesome and that's also the first song I Ever heard by Electric Wizard. The production on Dopethrone is also really unique for stoner/sludge/doom. To the Nameless Dead took a while to grow on me, but there's so many great tracks on it. Be sure to listen to Redemption at the Puritan's Hand too, it's just as good. Same goes for Ahab, except I think that their first album isn't nearly as good as their later Two

Saturday 27 September 2014 - 12:32:11

This is exactly what i was looking for, a few signs to help along my path. It'll take a while to get to listen to it all, but i accept the task readily

Saturday 27 September 2014 - 16:55:34

citation :
xiaonvren says :
This is exactly what i was looking for, a few signs to help along my path. It'll take a while to get to listen to it all, but i accept the task readily

Why are you quoting Gunnolf exactly?