About Spirit of Metal >> Questions About Validations
Share to Facebook Share to Myspace Share to Twitter Stumble It Email This More...

Friday 15 January 2010 - 00:41:04
Hey!

This forum is for those who have doubts about the way they shall submit in SoM.

There are many rules concerning how the information has to be presented, the quality of that same information, ortographic regulations, etc., and we need the members acting in accordance. All because we have to keep the veracity of the Encyclopedia, and make it look as organized as possible!

The quality of your submissions will depend on the way you follow our rules. When you are adding an Element to the site, please notice that there is visible information that you can read, normally in the form of an "i" button. We also have an extensive guide, which is currently being translated to English. If you do good submissions, they will be allowed on the site and no one will bug you. If you don't submit according to the rules, a modification request will be sent to you. If you don't do the asked modifications, the submission will be deleted and/or you will lose points.

If you do the same mistakes many times, it's normal if we start deleting your submissions without asking for modifications or not getting your circle upgraded. Many members ask me why they are always kept in the same circle, and that's the answer: your number or points aren't the only important aspect, you also have to show that you are able to submit correctly. Which is not very difficult, actually. Our rules are pretty easy.

The ortographic regulations are the biggest problem, normally. Some members do not like when they get a modification request because they wrote "1 - Fear Of The Dark" instead of using the correct form, "1. Fear of the Dark". They get upset because they only need to add a space, or a dot... and when I ask some people to write the artiles or connectors like "a", "and", "the" (with small letters) instead of "A", "And", "The", they almost want to cut my Head off for being so damn picky.

Sometimes I get answers like... "DO IT YOURSELF, &#@%#!". We could correct all of these by ourselves, that's true, but if we are about to validate 1000 submissions checking one by one and correcting dots, spaces, connectors, capital letters and stuff, we'll never get outta here...

And the forms used on SoM can't be altered. After All, who doesn't like a nice and organized site?   So, what I want to ask from you, is to help us by following the rules carefully. We get tons of bad validations when our rules are so easy to follow...

So, I created this forum in case you have something to ask about the validations, suggestions you might have, modification requests you don't understand, doubts about the way you shall submit a band, an album, a review, a biography, a video...  I'll be glad to answer.

Thank you for reading!

Saturday 01 May 2010 - 06:32:44
Where do you want breaks when posting lyrics?  I was told it needs breaks, but do you want it for the chorus, and the verses?

Thursday 20 May 2010 - 00:12:12

citation :
xrangerx777x says : Where do you want breaks when posting lyrics?  I was told it needs breaks, but do you want it for the chorus, and the verses?

Sorry for the delay.

The model for the lyrics is the following:

Number, dot, space, and name of the song in capital letters.
Example
1.  FEAR OF THE DARK 

Between the title and the lyrics, there must be an interval of one line.

Then, all the lines from the lyrics must start with capital letters. If the song doesn’t have lyrics, then write (Instrumental).

Between The End of the lyrics and the next song, there must be an interval of two lines.

Check this example:

http://www.spirit-of-metal.com/parole-groupe-Death-nom_album-The_Sound_of_Perseverance-l-pt.html

Sunday 20 June 2010 - 11:04:23
i'm a new in the block... and I've just added a band on the list... also added some videos... but I COULDN'T FIND THE PLACE TO EDIT OR DELETE THESE VIDEOS..... WHERE IS THE PLACE...

Sunday 17 April 2011 - 14:29:10
Hello, Ive read the submitions guide lines about 10 times and I cannot find the rules for adding interviews?

I do remember though I need somekind of permission?

Can someone help me?

Sunday 04 September 2011 - 01:53:40
I'm a member of the English Validation Team, so why can't I access the English Validation Team Forum?

Sunday 04 September 2011 - 02:41:24
You need to ask Earine to have access

Monday 23 April 2012 - 12:52:25
I tried to submit Kêltikah, a folkmetal band from Madrid. It's my band, we just recorded a demo, it's on myspace to listen to it, but it still not at CD. You deleted my Submission because you said the demo is a fake. How can I do to submit that band?

Thx

Monday 23 April 2012 - 17:08:49

citation :
keltikah says : I tried to submit Kêltikah, a folkmetal band from Madrid. It's my band, we just recorded a demo, it's on myspace to listen to it, but it still not at CD. You deleted my Submission because you said the demo is a fake. How can I do to submit that band?

Thx

reply to the moderator who deleted it that you have just finished recording it, hope this helps