Thrash Metal >> Old Thrash Vs New Thrash?
Share to Facebook Share to Myspace Share to Twitter Stumble It Email This More...

Getting poll results. Please wait...
Do you think the new wave of thrash is destroying the genre?
Yes, thrash is nothing like how it used to be
No, it has brought back the genre to the modern age
it has saved thrash!
Bring back the old school!!
I don't care

Friday 18 December 2009 - 22:52:16
It depends. I don't like any new Thrash Metal unless it's by a band from the old days like Slayer or Metallica.

Saturday 19 December 2009 - 00:08:10
i dont like any thrash so idont care.
yet Kreator is quite good

Saturday 19 December 2009 - 00:32:08
bring back the old school!!!!!!!!!

Tuesday 22 December 2009 - 22:28:14
it's almost scary how close these new bands sound like the old Thrash pioneers,
. for instance, Municipal Waste sounds almost exactly like DRI and Warbringer has the potential of becoming the new Slayer.

Saturday 26 December 2009 - 02:49:00

citation :
Demogorefest says : it's almost scary how close these new bands sound like the old Thrash pioneers,
. for instance, Municipal Waste sounds almost exactly like DRI and Warbringer has the potential of becoming the new Slayer.

I had Faith in Evile in being the new Slayer, but they ended up going in a ...And Justice For All type direction.

Saturday 26 December 2009 - 17:52:24

citation :
Spoonerismz says :

citation :
Demogorefest says : it's almost scary how close these new bands sound like the old Thrash pioneers,

I had Faith in Evile in being the new Slayer, but they ended up going in a ...And Justice For All type direction.

yeah, they really changed their style on Infected Nations, their other albums sounded waaay faster than the new one. i didn't see that change coming. i still like the new album though.

Tuesday 13 July 2010 - 20:18:26

citation :
rania says : bring back the old school!!!!!!!!!
old Kreator and Slayer rules!

Wednesday 04 August 2010 - 11:00:22

citation :

Municipal Waste isnt far away from beeing the new DRI. The problem with them is, that they have very good stuff like the Hazardous Mutations Album or the Split with Crucial Unit, where the sounds very dirty and filthy. But their party attitude, with takes overhand on the new albums destroy all.

Warbringer is just overrated and very overproduced in my opinion.

New good thrash Bands are for example Körgull the Exterminator, Deathhammer or Nocturnal

Wednesday 04 August 2010 - 19:46:01

citation :
JayBee says :

citation :

Municipal Waste isnt far away from beeing the new DRI. The problem with them is, that they have very good stuff like the Hazardous Mutations Album or the Split with Crucial Unit, where the sounds very dirty and filthy. But their party attitude, with takes overhand on the new albums destroy all.

Warbringer is just overrated and very overproduced in my opinion.

New good thrash Bands are for example Körgull the Exterminator, Deathhammer or Nocturnal

Municipal Waste's split with Crucial Unit is great, i love that band too, i wish they hadn't broken up, they were really promising.

Saturday 28 August 2010 - 01:40:20
I have to say I like some of both. I SAW Evile with Overkill this year. They were great. I enjoy both their albums. Now another newer band I dig, also at Killfest was Warbringer. They guys fuckin ROCK! Still dig  Slayer but Metallica? Died with Cliff IMO. Hate their music since.
My $.02
Cheers
Terry