European Mythologies >> Norse Mythology in Amon Amarth's song
Share to Facebook Share to Myspace Share to Twitter Stumble It Email This More...

Sunday 10 July 2011 - 14:43:37
Yes, but you must be chosen by Odin.

Sunday 10 July 2011 - 14:44:32
Don't know if I am, but anyway I'm not from north !

Sunday 10 July 2011 - 14:47:47
Valhalla was the Heaven of the Vikings, a large hall, built by Odin himself, where Wounds healed quickly and meat was readily available. A constant routine of fighting and feasting ensured that the Warriors were at their physical peak when Ragnarok came. In Old Norse, its name, Valhöll, Means “hall of the slain”.

Sunday 10 July 2011 - 14:55:50
North myhtology is very interesting and very complex, I like the way their mentallity was about bravor and Fight, no fear, also I think it's Sad they have been christianized, because a lot of traditions have been erased then, and changed into christian way, like troll, I read that Troll was like Giant monster that build nature, they were kind and peacefull for all north people, christianizsm changed thoses monster into Creature of Satan and made them bad in mind of the next generations..

Sunday 10 July 2011 - 15:24:18
That's happened everywhere. Slavic people were also turned to christians. And, the saddest part is that some of them were forced. But, there's main difference between Slavic and Nordic people.
Slavic kept their legends and rituals, and as I can see in my country, our religion is more Pagan than christian.

Sunday 10 July 2011 - 16:05:37
This is sad..My country (france) was celtic before christianism, I always try to search about this culture, read about it, but it's so old and all have been destroyed that it's pretty hard to find anything about it. You are lucky to still have a Pagan culture !

Sunday 10 July 2011 - 16:38:51
I made a topic about it.
Now we can back to Amon Amarath's lyrical themes.
Next song is "Across the Rainbow Bridge".

Sunday 10 July 2011 - 16:43:36
what about Valkyries Ride, Valkyries are kind of women Warrior in vikings myths, they are virgin,and hum, taken dead Warriors to Valhalla. So I think the song Valkyries Ride is about a Viking Warrior on his way to Valhalla into a Valkyrie ?

edit : sorry I don't Saw you was announcing a song

Sunday 10 July 2011 - 16:53:10
The valkyries Decide who will Die In Battle and then bring their chosen to the afterlife hall of the slain, Valhalla.

"I think the song Valkyries Ride is about a Viking Warrior on his way to Valhalla into a Valkyrie ? "
I don't understand this.
Viking Warrior doesn't turn into Valkyrie, he is led by her.

Sunday 10 July 2011 - 17:04:01
No I mean, a Valkyrie is going and taking him on her back, I dont mean the Viking is transforming in a valkyrie, that's my Bad English side ^^