About Spirit of Metal >> Mistakes in Submissions
Share to Facebook Share to Myspace Share to Twitter Stumble It Email This More...

Friday 03 September 2010 - 07:44:54
Thanks!0

Friday 03 September 2010 - 12:00:00
It might not actually be a mistake, but something that irritates a little, (At least it irritates me):
     Just submitted a rather lengthy member biography for Hawkwind frontman Dave Brock. Now, Lemmy's profile was already on the page, mirrored from his member profile at the Motorhead page.
     History has it that Lemmy indeed played in Hawkwind, but for a brief period of three years from 1972-1975. And in that period was by no Means the frontman of the outfit, playing "fourth violin" behind Dave Brock, Nik Turner and Robert Calvert.
     Now with Dave Brock's profile added still the mirrored profile of Lemmy shows on the page. If you click on it, you will indeed find Dave Brock to the side of the text of the Lemmy biography, but at The End of listing of present and previous Motorhead members.
     I think given the fact that Dave Brock has been fronting Hawkwind for 41 years now and Lemmy played there in a secondary role for just 3 years, long ago, that is a bit humiliating for Dave and I guess its also not quite the idea of a bands page.
    Any chance that such could be changed0

Greetings, Gletscherwolf

Wednesday 13 April 2011 - 05:01:30
the album cover to my band valchenvinter's album history of The Black plauge to come is wrong heres the real cover http://img42.imageshack.us/i/histpryplauge2.jpg/
also the genre is Pagan Black Metal not epic Black Metal

Wednesday 13 April 2011 - 11:13:46
you  know you can do that yourself right 0

But... since I'm such an awesome guy, I changed the cover for you 0

Wednesday 13 April 2011 - 17:44:36
you did? it doesnt look changed last I looked and i know you can submit a change and i have but it hasnt been updated at all

Wednesday 13 April 2011 - 21:39:28

citation :
Skyggetykivikingr says : you did? it doesnt look changed last I looked and i know you can submit a change and i have but it hasnt been updated at all

It probably hasn't been validated yet.

Wednesday 13 April 2011 - 22:31:55

citation :
Skyggetykivikingr says : you did? it doesnt look changed last I looked and i know you can submit a change and i have but it hasnt been updated at all

Yeah mate, what Mercenarion said.

It will take a long time because my submitions only got to admin 0

Don't worry it will be there soon. Do you want me to send you a message when its validated?

Friday 15 April 2011 - 04:56:18
yes that would be great mate. of course oddly i didnt add my band someone else did and wotn reply to the messages i sent them about it so i could make sure they weren't trying to steal my stuff but ohh well

Friday 15 April 2011 - 04:59:32

citation :
Skyggetykivikingr says : yes that would be great mate. of course oddly i didnt add my band someone else did and wotn reply to the messages i sent them about it so i could make sure they weren't trying to steal my stuff but ohh well

nah, its all good. Usually 2nd circles are too "cool" to reply to anyone.

But I don't think he was trying to steal your stuff, he just added it to the encyclopedia for some points 0

If he was, he would be going around the forums saying "download this for free"

Friday 15 April 2011 - 13:12:22

citation :
Skyggetykivikingr says :also the genre is Pagan Black Metal not epic Black Metal

I beg it's the comment you let: they aren't permitted (look more the guideline submissions for that).
If you retrieve them, your choice to insert Black Pagan instead of Epic Black will be update very soon