Thrash Metal >> Is St Anger a Thrash or Nu metal album
Share to Facebook Share to Myspace Share to Twitter Stumble It Email This More...

Getting poll results. Please wait...
Is St Anger a, Thrash Metal Album, Nu Metal Album, Other
Thrash Metal
Nu Metal
Other

Saturday 05 February 2011 - 15:59:19

citation :
InfinityZero says : Wait, two genres that St Anger is supposed to be and it's either Nu Metal or Thrash?
Nu Metal is really Far out of Metallica's zone. Use of synthesizers, simplistic riffs/song structure, 'climaxes' instead of solos... nah, that's not St Anger.
Thrash metal... nope. I shouldn't have to explain why it isn't thrash metal.

I'd say it's hard rock.
Easy, digestable stuff. Marketable radio-play stuff.
Yup, it's Hard Rock all right.

By the way, a magazine came out with the list of 100 best Metallica songs. (I can't believe they had to put 100... couldn't it have just been 20?)
Anyway, the number one song is Creeping Death. What do you guys think about that?
i would have wanted something off of Kill'em All or maybe "Am I Evil", but i can live with creeping death.  it just is not my choice.

Tuesday 08 February 2011 - 11:52:12

citation :
InfinityZero says : (I can't believe they had to put 100... couldn't it have just been 20?)

I know right 

citation :
InfinityZero says : Anyway, the number one song is Creeping Death. What do you guys think about that? 

I would have thought Master Of Puppets would have taken The Crown there... I thought wrong.

Thursday 10 February 2011 - 03:06:34
St. Anger is absolutely not a Thrash Metal album in anyway; just about NoNe of the riffs on that album are thrash riffs (IE early Metallica, Slayer blah blah). I wouldn't call it nu-metal either... I dunno, groove metal? I don't really Hate it as much as others do, but then i've never really listened to it all the way through except once.

Tuesday 01 November 2011 - 21:30:26
This may be one of the dumbest questions I've seen on my short time here, almost as bad as the Cradle Of Filth poll.

St.Anger is hard to place in genre, it's not Thrash, even if that was the intention and it's not nu-metal either. Hard Rock is a good description, but I still think it has elements of metal so it's really hard to say.

I prefer to just label it as "abortion".

Monday 14 November 2011 - 06:10:29
It's not a thrash metal-album, that's for sure.