Death Metal >> Heaviest Death Metal Album
Share to Facebook Share to Myspace Share to Twitter Stumble It Email This More...

Sunday 01 May 2011 - 14:08:52
What album is in your books as being the most heavy of the heaviest heavy album

For me it has to be Guttural Secrete's Reek Of Pubescent Dispoilment

Sunday 01 May 2011 - 15:33:29

SYMPHONIES OF fucking Sickness

It's also one of the best Death Metal albums out there. Listen to Swarming Vulgar Mass of Infected Virulency, Reek of Putrefaction, or Exhume to Consume.

Wednesday 01 June 2011 - 10:51:10
Crytopsy NoNe So Vile

Wednesday 01 June 2011 - 13:42:31
Deicide's second album, Legion. It's perfect, just check out Satan Spawn, the Caco-Daemon or Revocate The Agitator. Compositions are great, also the sound of this record is worth mentioning - it is impossibly crushing. 

Wednesday 01 June 2011 - 13:56:32
Great suggestions and even though Carcass' SOS is probably one of the greatest DM albums I can't consider it heavy.

For heavy, as in crushingly heavy I'd say Witchrist' Beheaded Ouroboros:

Wednesday 01 June 2011 - 15:11:28
Archgoat is another example, but I've heard them described as Blackened Death Metal and Bestial black metal.

Wednesday 01 June 2011 - 15:20:30
Correct. Witchrist are Death Metal where Archgoat are Black Metal (though I must admit it's a bit fuzzy at time)/. I know the growls can be confusing but the music is not (been listening to WoB for the past two weeks relentlessly). Same with Hate Forest, for instance, DM vocals but music is Black Metal.

Wednesday 01 June 2011 - 15:48:02
Asphyx - Last one on Earth, shit is heavy as fuck, Asphyx is generally heavy  

Wednesday 01 June 2011 - 17:56:30

citation :
GandhiEgo says : Great suggestions and even though Carcass' SOS is probably one of the greatest DM albums I can't consider it heavy.

Really, you don't consider it heavy?
Why not, just for the sake of debate?

Wednesday 01 June 2011 - 21:35:57

citation :
pavel says : Asphyx - Last one on Earth, shit is heavy as fuck, Asphyx is generally heavy  

I agree. When it comes to heaviness, usually the slower, sludgier Death Metal bands are the heaviest.