Discussions about Music >> Favorite genre of metal
Share to Facebook Share to Myspace Share to Twitter Stumble It Email This More...

Getting poll results. Please wait...
Favorite genre of metal
Heavy metal
Death metal
Black metal
Power metal
Speed metal
Thrash metal
Nu metal
Progressive metal
Gothic metal
Other

Sunday 18 July 2010 - 01:31:08
Power

Sunday 18 July 2010 - 02:26:38
I voted other because in my opinion genres that are very experimental, strange, or dark are the best:

Dark Metal (Agalloch, Shade Empire, Groza)
Avant-Garde Metal (Mirrorthrone, Unexpect, Transcending Bizarre?)
Post-Metal/Atmospheric Metal (The Ocean, Russian Circles, God Is An Astronaut (GIAA is considered metal on SOM))

Thursday 07 October 2010 - 02:30:22
I listen almost al genres but i prefer Power

Saturday 20 November 2010 - 06:35:07
i chose other but mines bay Area thrash or N.W.O.B.A.T. new wave of bay Area thrash so a Cross between thrash and other

Saturday 20 November 2010 - 06:40:05

citation :
Mercenarion says : I voted other because in my opinion genres that are very experimental, strange, or dark are the best:

Post-Metal/Atmospheric Metal (The Ocean, Russian Circles, God Is An Astronaut (GIAA is considered metal on SOM))

Okay, I just gotta ask, how exactly do you define any of those three genres? They could mean anything, especially "Dark Metal" I always scratch my Head at that one. Plus I never thought Mirrorthrone was avant-garde.

Also, I voted for black metal. Don't really need to go into much description why, it's just the subgenre that I get the most enjoyment out of in all of music.

EDIT: WHY THE SHITCOCK IS GOD IS AN ASTRONAUT CONSIDERED METAL THEY'RE CLEARLY POST-ROCK YOU TARDS
I like 'em either way though.

Saturday 20 November 2010 - 06:51:40

citation :
Enigmatick says :

citation :
Mercenarion says : I voted other because in my opinion genres that are very experimental, strange, or dark are the best:

Okay, I just gotta ask, how exactly do you define any of those three genres? They could mean anything, especially "Dark Metal" I always scratch my Head at that one. Plus I never thought Mirrorthrone was avant-garde.

Also, I voted for black metal. Don't really need to go into much description why, it's just the subgenre that I get the most enjoyment out of in all of music.

EDIT: WHY THE SHITCOCK IS GOD IS AN ASTRONAUT CONSIDERED METAL THEY'RE CLEARLY POST-ROCK YOU TARDS
I like 'em either way though.

I don't think it is possible to explain Dark Metal . You kind of get the basic idea from listening to Groza or Agalloch though.

And yes, because of the experimentation and use of so many instruments, Mirrorthrone can be considered avant-garde. It is only one guy also, which is awesome.

Post-metal is like this: post-rock + Sludge + atmosphere

Avant-garde metal is just everything thrown into one package with metal being the primary genre though (Unexpect uses circus, gypsy and many others genres in their music).

Thursday 25 November 2010 - 13:57:00

citation :
Enigmatick says :

Dark Metal is somewhere between Black and Death Metal, without being an actual genre, if that makes sense. And no, it's not like Blackened Death. Good examples would be Eisregen and Bethlehem (they even have an album called Dark Metal).
That's at least how I see it

Monday 29 November 2010 - 01:49:57
I voted other mainly because I mostly like Metalcore, Post-hardcore and Deathcore.

But I like most other genres equaly such as Black and Death 0

Monday 29 November 2010 - 21:13:13
my fav is Death Metal

no matter what i do when i listen to this song my spirit finds peace

Thursday 02 December 2010 - 03:37:37
I thought the guy was clearing his throat for a second 0