Black Metal >> Depressive/Suicidal Black Metal
Share to Facebook Share to Myspace Share to Twitter Stumble It Email This More...

Saturday 05 December 2009 - 07:22:28

citation :
northern_spirit says :
ah. a bit of genre confusion there. i haven't listened to much Black Metal, to be honest. however, i have very rescently started listening to Gorgoroth and am liking them much more than i thought i would. i just checked out Silencer and ColdWorld, the first of which seems almost surrealist (at least by their videos), and the second of which actually sounds to me a lot like Alcest, just with a bit of screaming added :P

as I said, Alcest isn't depressing "band" at all and ColdWorld is quite depressing, chilling music. It's my honest opinion ))
also check Death Aura, it's raw depressive/ambient, Original Sin (china), Thy Light [it's veeery good project from Brazil], Forgotten Woods, Alysian Blaze and if you like them, I'll upload their albums for you:P

Also, people, if you want some depressive stuff (albums and so on) tell me and i'll upload them.
I have really wide collection of this music ))
(and not only of this)

Sunday 06 December 2009 - 16:41:07
in my opinion depressive Black Metal is great music. Its the most romantic music.
some worth listening bands are:
Make A Change... Kill Yourself
anti
Austere

Sunday 06 December 2009 - 17:29:05
The whole Filosofem album by Burzum is really depressing.

Sunday 06 December 2009 - 21:04:02

citation :
Belkelel says : in my opinion depressive Black Metal is great music. Its the most romantic music.

yuhu, u're right.

citation :
Make A Change... Kill Yourself

oh, how I love it!

Metalhistorian
I like ur Avatar and signature

Sunday 04 April 2010 - 23:51:56
well, Zelfhaat is a very depressive band I guess...

Zelfhaat - Beklagenswaardig Bestaan
Nocturnal Depression - Nostalgia
Trist - Trnový Labyrint
Hypothermia - Del 3

that are some DSBM band in my Itunes,.... others aren't really Black Metal but still depressive 0

Thursday 24 June 2010 - 22:07:46
ColdWorld is very beautiful, but it is very depressing. Blut Aus Nord is indeed depressing, but also extremely creepy. Sadly, I never got into Burzum, I don't know why though. How about Darkspace? Anyone else here but me consider them depressive?

Friday 25 June 2010 - 16:22:00
Not so much into depressive music, but the german band Anti, can make me feel pretty down.
And the stuff of Endstille with their new vocalist is pretty depressive

citation :
Demogorefest says : Silencer was a great band, their
vocalist Nattramn was declared mentally unstable and has been placed in
an asylum. I don't think he's allowed to make any more music with the
band Silencer because it "furthers his depression". there's
also alot of rumors surrounding him, some people say that he's working
on writing a book now. i dunno for sure about that though.

Rumors say that he cut his hands off while recording the album Death Piecre Me

Friday 25 June 2010 - 20:44:41
I'm listening to "Death, Pierce Me" now, and that just adds a whole new Element to it!

"Be Persecuted" from China aren't too bad. I find them nicely eerie. "Last Rites" is a good enough song. I wouldn't listen to them much, but I love that song when I'm in a bad mood.

Monday 28 June 2010 - 20:29:26
Well, it all depends.
In general, DSBM is just really long, slow, repetitive songs that claim to be emotional but aren't. There are some diamonds in the rough, but not as many as there should be. The album that inspired much of DSBM is Det Som Engang VAR and Filosofem by Burzum, and they're both great. There are a few others, but for the most part DSBM just bores me to tears.

Tuesday 29 June 2010 - 21:44:55
I'm the same. I'm not really into Black Metal anyway, I find it boring. There are a few DSBM gems I like to listen to when I feel like shit though, like the aforementioned Silencer, or sometimes Nocturnal Depression.