Unsigned Bands >> Chasing Sokaris - Metalcore from NY
Share to Facebook Share to Myspace Share to Twitter Stumble It Email This More...

Saturday 12 November 2016 - 05:09:07

Chasing Sokaris, a Metalcore band from Massena, New York, just released their second album. Their new, self-titled album, released November 4th, is a compilation of 10 hard hitting songs, each with a different but connected vibe. From powerful, melodic guitar solos to dissonant chaos, brutal vocals to beautiful, clean harmonies; Chasing Sokaris has created a surprising but magnificent jazzy twist to Metalcore, typically inspired by the likes of Avenged Sevenfold, La Dispute, Like Moths to Flames, and more.

This album features Michael Felker of Convictions, a Metalcore band from Ohio, on it’s second track, Kabuga. You can find this song, and the rest of the album on BandCamp for free streaming and for purchase! You can also listen to the entire album on YouTube, Pandora, Spotify, and SoundCloud! The album can be purchased via iTunes, Google Play, Amazon, and StoreEnvy.

Chasing Sokaris is a passionate, 5-member Metalcore band from Northern New York. Established in 2013, the band has released two albums. Their more recently released self-titled was preceded by Branches. Branches was released in 2013 and re-released with two new songs under Fifth Dimension Records in 2015.

Chasing Sokaris is a national act that has played with bands such as I Set My Friends On Fire, Rings of Saturn, Nonpoint, and When Wild Dingos Attack. In 2015 they played iMatter Festival, a hard-rock music festival focused on suicide prevention, opening for bands such as Silverstein, Miss May I, and The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus.